Recent content by Ursula Tibbs

  1. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Thanks Tennis Nut - I hope all goes well for you too. D.
  2. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Forgot to mention (how could I?) that I CAN SLEEP!!! Not the whole night through, you understand, but two to three hours at a time and I no longer have to get up and walk around every half an hour. In fact, when I do wake up I can now usually change position without too much pain and get back to...
  3. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    I haven't posted anything for a while as I have been quite busy (a good sign!). Today it is three months since my operation and I am becoming more patient and less frustrated. I can see that my knee is getting better and although speed is "slow to stationary" I can actually walk some distance -...
  4. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Quite happy to hand this thread over to the doggies and pussy cats - enjoy! D
  5. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Ok you doggy folk - they are lovely, but I have cats!!! I'll look forward to the twelve week mark and hope it lives up to expectations, Tennis Nut, but my confidence is not high. This whole thing is really awful and quite frankly I'd rather be dead, sorry but I come from Yorkshire and we are...
  6. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR up date

    Hi, I completely agree that there is not enough information to make a decision about going for a TKR. I was completely unprepared for it and am still very "down". Progress is so very slow - if indeed there is progress. I felt just like you when I started my "thread" - Avoiding Despair. The only...
  7. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Thanks for your help, Tennis Nut, I'll see what I can do when I go to see my GP but truly I need to sleep, it wears me down and out! I hadn't thought about the 60 business, MaryO52 but it may well be a factor. I hate this getting older stuff and going to the hospital with all those old people...
  8. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Hi Alison, I am no expert but judging by all the posts on this website I think that is normal. I am having a really bad day today - lots of tears and frustration, you are definitely not alone. The names I have called my knee cannot be repeated. Everyone I meet says how well I look and how much...
  9. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Ten weeks !!!!

    Hi Tony, Hands on Physio is not something the NHS are too keen on, so I have been seeing a Chiropractor for three weeks now and he has REALLY helped with the bend and range of movement. Maybe worth a shot if you have a good one in your area. I had a RTKR eight weeks ago and have been in the...
  10. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Hi Roy, I am not the most confident cyclist but I do enjoy cycling. Balance while I make my knee go "over the top" when pedalling is a problem and I am far too old to fall off! The saddle on my exercise bike is set high but I think the main thing is that I have been using the instep of my foot...
  11. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Hi Referee54, Thank you for your help and support - you are so positive and I am looking forward to full recovery and really trying to take it one day at a time - though I fear I was in the back row when patience was been given out! D
  12. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Hi Lindzay, Thank you for your good wishes and support and for sharing your experience - it really helps. All the best and I hope things continue to go well for you. D
  13. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    P.S. Josephine - I went to North Tyneside Hospital. No complaints about my treatment there.
  14. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Hi Josephine, Pain levels are difficult to describe. If I sit still it's 0 but sometimes it aches even when I am sitting and I can't get comfortable. When I move I am very slow, but I can walk without sticks. It hurts (2 or 3) when I bend it. When I wake at night it is a 9 or 10 - really bad but...
  15. Ursula Tibbs

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Thank you everyone for your help and support. The pain is no different and the sleep problem the same but now I have some support I view it differently and the light at the end of the tunnel may not be an express train coming the other way after all! My ROM is getting better and I am determined...
Back
Top Bottom