Recent content by ucsbgal1971

  1. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    Thanks Jamie. I am very discouraged and feel like giving up. I tried so hard to seek out good doctors for both of my knee surgeries and neither turned out well. The last thing I ever wanted to do is start this battle all over again. It can be very discouraging.
  2. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    Ok. Thanks. I am hoping that doctors at either UCLA, USC, or Cedars Sinai will be able to figure this out. I just have to keep turning over rocks until I find one.
  3. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    Kneeper, I have seen two internal doctors but they were focusing on the possibility of Valley Fever. I have an appointment at the end of Sept with a doctor at UCLA. He is a friend of the OS who did my surgery so I am concerned about whether he will be willing to honestly address the problem...
  4. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    Leave it to me to be the first one to have a problem with bone cement in my leg tissues.
  5. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    One reason I suspected the bone cement is because I tested nonreactive to bone cement the first two allergy tests but reactive after the bone cement leak. If it isn't the bone cement, then perhaps the implant is the culprit. I hope that I will be able to find a doctor who will be willing to...
  6. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    The PA explained to me that the xray appeared different than other xrays because it was like a negative. It was very black different than any xray I had ever seen before which allowed the particles of cement to show in my leg. He may have been able to accomplish the dark black color through...
  7. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    You know what Jamie, I told them about the law but they denied that there even was an xray. They gave me a copy of an xray but it didn't show the star bursts because it hadn't been reversed like a negative. I have asked over and over and they deny that it exists. The PA won't even talk to me...
  8. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    I wish that I could. I asked the doctor for the xray but he wouldn't give it to me.
  9. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    The PA participated in the surgery. He never mentioned the beads. All I know is what he told me that a hole was made in my bone inadvertently and bone cement leaked into my tissues. My doctor did confirm that was accurate so I am guessing that the cement became toxic to me and now I have...
  10. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    If you google Clinical Cases in Mineral and Bone Metabolism you will find several articles. The one I read is at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3710008/. Under the systemic effects of metal ions it says, "Most in vitro and in vivo studies that have been published in the...
  11. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    I am sorry I can't remember how to get back to my original thread but I have a serious problem following my right knee revision and hope I can find an answer here. I recently had to have a CT scan for another reason and it was determined that I now have lesions on my kidney, liver...
  12. ucsbgal1971

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    That is good that you aren't allergic to the zirconium. I am for sure. Your body is reacting negatively to something though. Could it be the bone cement? I hope your doc figures it out soon and I hope the allergy testing is accurate. I was within normal limits for zirconium on the two tests...
  13. ucsbgal1971

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    I am so sorry that you didn't get a better result! I have been wondering how you are doing. My revision isn't doing as well as I had hoped either. Apparently I am allergic to it so here we go again. Your pain and swelling really concerns me. Did your doctor check for infection? I imagine he...
  14. ucsbgal1971

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    Hi Josephine, Thank you for responding though that isn't exactly what I was hoping to hear for sure. I bet you are right. It has been 8 months since my surgery. Hopefully it will heal in a little more time. I wonder why my family doctor didn't tell me that? I truly am becoming disenchanted...
Back
Top Bottom