Recent content by Txmomgmom3

  1. Txmomgmom3

    MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

    So here is the results from the 3 phase bone scan: PROTOCOL: 23.2 mCi of Tc-99m MDP was injected intravenously. Flow images of the knees and early blood pool images of the same region were obtained. Delayed static images including whole body and selected spot images were also obtained...
  2. Txmomgmom3

    MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

    So the results from the CT scan state :lucency at the bone prosthesis and bone cement interfaces along the medial and posterior aspects of the tibial tray, which can be a sign of arthroplasty loosening. So he has ordered a 3 phase bone scan for next Thursday, Dec 26th. He was telling me what...
  3. Txmomgmom3

    MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

    Thank you @sistersinhim. I really do like my doctor. He has always listened to me and has always seemed to be compassionate about it. He actually acknowledged the swelling when he examined it, which I swear I thought it was just my fat knees lol. I think the biggest concern he has is that...
  4. Txmomgmom3

    MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

    Well I'm back. I've lurked around some here and there, but have been just going on with life. Unfortunately something is wrong with my right knee. It has always had this feeling like it is stuck in a vise but just thought it would eventually get better. It hasn't and somedays it's all I can...
  5. Txmomgmom3

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    I am so sorry your looking at another surgery. You have been through so much already but I'm glad you have such a thorough OS. :console2:
  6. Txmomgmom3

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Thank you! Hope you and your family have a Blessed Easter.
  7. Txmomgmom3

    TKR I am back!! Third replacement first on this knee (l)!

    They have to put 0 refills on each script. It's something that's required now I guess. Both the os and pharmacy said that it was how it's done now. Have you asked your surgeon about refills?
  8. Txmomgmom3

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    All that can be done is rest (ha), ice, elevate and wear a compression sock 24/7 (yuck). I go back to surgeon next Friday. If no change then possibly might try laser therapy. Swelling is ridiculous. Not really anything much he can do. Plus I have a bakers cyst (again) on the same leg ...
  9. Txmomgmom3

    TKR I am back!! Third replacement first on this knee (l)!

    Refills a no go? I'm sorry to hear that for you. My surgeon nor Blue Cross ever denied me refills, with either tkr. And I'm in the US as well. In fact, I'm having a couple of issues with both knees right now and he said I could get an rx from him if I felt I needed it. I hope you can get...
  10. Txmomgmom3

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    I've been ok. Unfortunately have torn my gastroc muscle in my left leg and am still having issues with the right knee swelling. So back to wearing a compression sock on the left leg for now. Never ends lol
  11. Txmomgmom3

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    What a great reprt..so happy for you! Glad the hubby has fully recovered!
  12. Txmomgmom3

    TKR with cats

    Hospital told me at preop appt to not sleep with any pets directly in the same bed the night before surgery as pet hair can get on you inadvertently. Had to wash sheets and comforter as well. After I returned home from hospital they said it was fine. I have a doxie and she sleeps right next...
  13. Txmomgmom3

    TKR Gia’s New Knee

    My first tkr all i remember is the anthesiologist putting the nerve block in and shooting something in my iv while still in the pre op room. They said hubby could come back to sit and wait and that the surgeon would be in. Next thing I remember is being wheeled into the OR, seeing a tray of...
  14. Txmomgmom3

    Time between TKRs

    Hi there! There are some on here who have done their knees just 3-4 weeks apart with good outcomes. I did mine 5 months apart..not because I wanted to do it again but the right one went downhill fast after the left tkr. If I had known that was going to happen I honestly would have liked to...
  15. Txmomgmom3

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    @sistersinhim I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Just have so many have said, you've been such a help to me going through both of my tkr's these past few months. I know God will lead you down the right path!
Back
Top Bottom