Recent content by twirler

  1. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    I am worried. I went to Longwood gardens a week ago and walked outside in damp weather for 2 hours, then stood still taking to a woman for ½ hour. Now my knees feel stiff after I sit a while and when I get up from sitting I have slight pain in my left knee. It goes away when I walk a few steps...
  2. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    Tim, I realize I made a sexist generalization. sorry, and hope you are doing well.
  3. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    I used the Pro=Stretch when I had PT for the PF. Perhaps I should invest in one. I once met a guy in the Honda service department who asked why I was walking that way, as i was pacing. I told him my story and he insisted that I go back to my OS because surely I had infection and would lose my...
  4. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    Forgot to add that I am 16 months post bilateral replacement.
  5. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    Hi, everyone. I have been coming along nicely, but spent 3 days driving to Florida from PA late last week, and now my knees feel more stiff and tight again. Is this to be expected? We stopped to walk about every 3-4 hours, but the drive was long due to heavy traffic. Thanks for caring.
  6. twirler

    TKR ROM

    I like the concept of trying to move away from measurement of rom as we go along, last year when I was in rehab, I would hide my pt's measuring tool when it was time to do so. What a great guy he was.
  7. twirler

    TKR ROM

    Today, at 14 months postop bilateral, I got in the tub. It is a high whirlpool and I have to lift my legs high to get in. I sat on a low stool in the tub and really enjoyed the whirlpool, first time I tried it because I knew my hobby could not help me, so I either stood or used the tub chair...
  8. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Taking a Bath

    I still long for a bath after 14 months. I am not sure I could handle the directions given above and my husband is not capable of helping.
  9. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    I am 14 months out from bilateral replacement of knees. Most things are going well.I can do so much more than I did for the last 5 years and enjoyed the holidays. My limitations are that I only got 120 degrees flexion( just read of someone here who had 135), can do steps normally but it is a bit...
  10. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    Hello, all. Thinking of al of you and hoping for the best. My oneyear milestone comes up next week. Things have been improving but in the last five days, I have developed a new slight ache/Pain on the inside of one knee, mostly when I get up or bend, not so much when i walk. I am worrried...
  11. twirler

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    Scared, I am not sure when you had BTKRI think about 4 months ago, but I had mine 10 months ago. My recovery is slow. Some call us turtles. I have good periods and then seem to regress a bit. I , like many, had no idea how long this recovery can be, but have tried to accept that I will get much...
  12. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    I went through sic weeks of pt for pf and had some kind of drug infused electronically. it is pretty well resolved, but i have a bit of soreness up the Achilles. my podiatrist said he would never give a shot into that area because of the possibility of rupture afterwards. I wear a very good firm...
  13. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    :dancy: Thanks for the shoe ideas. I wear really good NB sneakers or clarks, do have birks but they make my legs tired. may try them again. thanks I also have very good orthotics. doc said I am doing everything right, but it is a stubborn problem. my heel no longer hurts but my achilles tendon...
  14. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    Ps. Still no attempt to approach the bathtub. Plantar is better but I have mild aching in my left achilles, so have slowed down on the long distance walking. Hope to get back to that soon.
  15. twirler

    Bilateral TKR Baths and Feet

    Hi, everyone. I hope you guys are coming along swimmingly. For us turtles, it's a long slow swim. I am asking for some encouragement once again. I resolved the biking issue. Best advice was from a young man at a bike shop who knew nothing about knees, but a lot about biking. He told me wearing...
Back
Top Bottom