Recent content by Twiggy

  1. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Nana Moon, How are you doing? I feel bad I haven't kept up with posts. I was so fortunate to have had such a good recovery but I did work hard and I still do water aerobics 3 to 4 times a week. I am also retired from teaching so I have the time to do this. hope you are well.
  2. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    It has been a year since I had BTKR. It has been the best thing I ever did. I feel great and haven't had pain in a long time. I can do things I haven't done in years. Looking back even though I did well, it probably does take a year to feel totally normal. Good luck to people just beginning...
  3. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Well, I ended up seeing the PA, Dr. is in Korea for update on new knee. I was feeling better when I saw Pa but still sore. He thought I over did it and drained my right knee and gave me a shot. I thought I was done with that but since then I feel great again. I continue to do water aerobics...
  4. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Josephine, I thought I did in the forum above yours.
  5. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Josephine, I have been doing the same thing in the last 2 weeks as I was the last 2 months-recumbent bike, water aerobics, cleaning, shopping. I was still icing only in the evening 1x and my knees were feeling great. I don't know what happened. I am seeing my Dr. on Friday. I am now elevating...
  6. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    cathykym, It has been very frustrating because I was starting to feel normal and I had been feeling great. Good luck with your recovery. My numbness feels like it is going away and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
  7. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    It is located CRF1, DRF1 and on the inside of DRF2 ERF2. My pain level is about 5. I am 6 months BTKR and had been doing great. It is swollen now. I had been off all meds for about 6weeks. I start taking 2 tylenol 500 mg. every 4 hrs. and ibuprofen 800 2 times a day. I am now icing and...
  8. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    My pain is on the right side of my knee. It goes away but comes back again. Tonight it hurts and when I bend my knee it is stiff. It seems abit swollen. It's a stabbing pain.
  9. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Can anyone tell me why after 6 months I feel knee pain? Is it because my nerve endings are coming back and numbness is going away? HELP!
  10. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Thanks JackiFLY, I appreciate your support. I'm glad you are doing well. I was hoping to get some answers from the people who have made it to the 6 month mark.
  11. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Well I'm almost at my 6 month anniversary and have done pretty good. For some reason the last few days I have had some knee pain. I don't know if I have been overdoing it at water aerobics or what the problem is. I started taking tylenol again. I pretty much had almost forgotten I had this...
  12. T

    TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

    Hi chestnc, Glad to hear your knee feels good. My both knees also feel good. It's a wonderful feeling. I also have some tingling and still ice once a day. Sorry you have some pain from RA.
  13. T

    Bilateral TKR 19 March 2014 / Hiking the Recovery Trail

    Good Luck, Tomel. I had BTKR almost 5 months ago and the good news it that it has been very successful for me. I feel so much better than I did before. Let us know how you do.
  14. T

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    JackiFl Don't be so hard on yourself, it sounds like you are really doing well. It does get tiring especially right about the 8 to 9 wk. point because I think we are just getting tired of doing the same thing. It does get better. Try and relax more and don't do too much. I wish you the best.
  15. T

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    After my fall at the end of February, I had black and blue marks and pain in my knees. I thought they would be ok but, I finally decided to see my Dr. today because I start getting nervous that I hurt the inside. Well Josephine you were right, after 4 months they thought I was safe. I had...
Back
Top Bottom