Recent content by tschrade

  1. T

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    I had back to back knee replacements 2 mos apart so was still on narcotics going into the second knee surgery. The third month after my second surgery I was beginning to find less need for full dosages. Even with this natural reduction, I had what I found out from my pt was withdrawal from the...
  2. T

    TKR 5 year anniversary!

    Happy 5th and thanks for all you do. You are a treasure. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  3. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Hmm. Then one wonders the cause? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  4. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Yes, I was referring to the fragment. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  5. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Wow. I am no where near your level of fitness. So I am certainly going to dial back. I can only think that the bone came loose because of overdoing the pt, and the fact that I'm not any kind of poster child for a physically fit person. Thanks for your response. Sent from my iPhone using...
  6. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Thanks very much. I thought what I was doing at therapy was a bit much and now you have confirmed my suspicions. I will alter my exercises as you suggest. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  7. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Thanks for your insight. Here are my answers to your questions. Pain is at 1 to 3 when going down stairs, bicycle, getting up out of a chair, getting into and out of the car and doing squats. Otherwise pain is minimal. No Meds for pain on a regular basis. I take an aleeve once in a while...
  8. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Thanks for the advice. My second surgery was June 3. (Not sure how to place that as you suggested). I still have pain and swelling in both knees, but mild enough to not be medicated and much less than pre surgery days. I do ice and elevate still. I can do the therapy without real...
  9. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Thanks for your reply. I do not have an X-ray but did see it in Dr office. The piece that broke off is below the knee cap in line with the tendon. My instructions from OS was to forget about it, continue aggressive therapy, and have it xrayed again in 6 mos. He said that this is a fairly...
  10. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Thanks for your reply. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  11. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Hello Again, This is such a wonderful resource. I have a new question. Went to see my OS for the 6 mos checkup on my first knee replacement. Much to my surprise a piece of my own bone on the patella has broken off. He said it probably started as a stress fracture and then let loose...
  12. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Thanks for the advice. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  13. T

    TKR Recovering tschrade RTKR March 25

    Hi All, I continue to be so thankful for this amazing forum. It's good to know that the recovery is in fact a process that takes time, patience, and courage. It is also helpful to realize that "normal" recovery can look very different between people and even knees on the same person. I'm...
  14. T

    How long did you ice?

    The more ice and elevation the better. This helps to keep done the swelling, which keeps down the pain and makes the pt go much better. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  15. T

    RTKR May 06, 2014

    Good luck tomorrow. God bless you. The nerve blocks are wonderful. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom