Recent content by TrixieRuby

  1. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Hello friends and knee warriors! I am now 5 1/2 months post surgery, and doing quite well. I am swimming, hiking, biking, and gardening, and trying to find my way so as to not do too much, and end up sore and stiff and swollen. @Jamie and @sistersinhim I was wondering if you might answer a...
  2. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Hi Everyone! Long time (sort of) no post. I enjoy coming back here and reading the posters and the replies. We are on a long journey together... so, I am doing well, I am 4 months post op, and have weathered the covid crisis as part of my recovery. My legs are stronger, and I am going up...
  3. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Thanks, @Jamie for your reply. I still have some tramadol, so I can take that, and I am going back to a schedule with ibuprofen--that should help. And slow down. and ice. It is odd that the soreness was better, and now it it worse, with aching, the tight band feeling, more difficulty with...
  4. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Hi Everyone--@Jamie, thank you for your reply to my summary. I appreciate your help. It is hard to slow done sometimes. Family and friends forget that I have a new baby knee, and I get tired of reminding them. Sometimes I bring a cane or a pole and tell them it is "just in case" as that is a...
  5. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Hello Bonesmarties! Greetings from Boston, MA, USA. I am at 13 weeks post op, and I feel I am doing quite well, with the usual ups and downs. Thanks to this wonderful forum, which I have been reading if not posting, I have come to accept all the quirks, discomforts, ups and downs of this...
  6. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    @Jamie, thanks for your advice with the restless legs. I am getting some relief now with the epsom salts and the quinine. I am about to hit the 8 week mark, and I am doing well, I guess, as I have come to accept that this will take time, and to think of myself as recovering. I am up and about...
  7. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Hello fellow knee warriors! I searched this forum yesterday for ideas for my new restless leg syndrome. I tried epson salts in my bath last night, as well as a glass of tonic water with quinine in it. Cured! I had no restless leg last night. @Jamie or others, shall I do this every day for a...
  8. TrixieRuby

    TKR Bks new member first post

    welcome to bonesmart! I had my LTKR on Feb. 25, so I am at 7 weeks tomorrow. This has been much harder than I anticipated, but every week--not day--I make progress. This quarantine thing makes this much harder. If we could have visits from friends, go our for lunch, go see a movie, we would...
  9. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    @sisterin so, how does the stitch and the opening resolve themselves? It must not be a dissolveable stitch, as it is still there.
  10. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Good morning! Today is my 6 week knee-versary. I somehow feel that this is a turning point, not sure why, but there you have it. I am so grateful to this forum and support group, though I have not posted in a while.**** Today I will have a phone call follow up with a nurse practioner from the...
  11. TrixieRuby

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    @Harryrightknee hello! Greetings from Newton, MA! What a saga you tell. I had my surgery on 2/25, so I am 5 weeks out this week. The pain control situation in the USA and in my own experience is pretty tough. The docs do not want you to have drugs! I think we have to advocate in a mature...
  12. TrixieRuby

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    This post is so useful to me! Thank you for this range of motion report!
  13. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Hi everyone--these are such crazy times, I hope all of you are holding up well. I have started binge watching "Nashville"--gives me lots of time to rest! Ok, true confessions: there is such a big part of me that believes in the Bone Smart point of view that healing takes time, time to rest...
  14. TrixieRuby

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    My surgery was 2/25/20--similar to you. Where is your flexion and extension now? I am working slowly and gently on those. Glad you are doing well!
  15. TrixieRuby

    TKR Now post-op, surgery on Feb 25, 2020 USA

    Today I celebrate 4 weeks post op! I can do many things: Walk with a proper gait for a short distance, walk for a few blocks in the neighborhood with a walker or crutches. I've started regaining moving my surgical leg pretty well, with more to go. I'm doing some puttering aorund the house...
Back
Top Bottom