Recent content by treypops

  1. treypops

    On the road to knee number 3

    Hang in there! Hoping for the best.
  2. treypops

    after knee replacement how many days need for recovery

    @Celle hit the key points in my mind. There is trauma to the knee joint, and even if you've ever had something as simple as a bone bruise, you know how long it can take for those things to heal. For me, I was able to get around pretty early after the surgery, but it was about three months...
  3. treypops

    Paper cut

    I got a nasty cut and bruise on my left shin about a week and a half prior to my left TKR. I called the surgeon and he wanted to take a look at it. He told me how to treat it and to keep it treated leading up to the surgery, and everything worked out fine. If you are concerned with it, ask...
  4. treypops

    Knee replacement on March 11

    @mojo Welcome to the forum. So glad you found us. You will get tons of great advice here - in fact you already have from some of our other members. Most of us have been through what you are facing - and I can tell you from personal experience that it's good to have that kind of feedback...
  5. treypops

    Preparing for Number Two!

    @PolarBear60 Congrats on your upcoming RTKR. Since I am a baseball guy, let me say that I know your doctor will hit this one out of the park, and you will do the same with your recovery.
  6. treypops

    TKR 5 week post op knee question on bending

    @positive Lots of good advice here. Patience is key - it's going to take time to get your ROM back to acceptable levels, but you will get there. The swelling will be pesky for several weeks - especially if you are more active on it than you should be. Do you wear compression stockings...
  7. treypops

    Oh, my. If I post this it will be true!

    Congrats Jane, I know you will do well.
  8. treypops

    Pre Knee Replacement

    @Izzy59 Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I did not get the spinal, so I have no experience there. I got a femoral nerve block with a general anesthesia. There are pros and cons to this - the immediate post-surgical pain is minimized because the entire leg is "asleep" for 24 hours...
  9. treypops

    TKR One Year Later...

    So, the end of the week (19 December, to be exact) will mark exactly one year since I had my knee replaced. The good: - I am mobile and mostly pain free in my left knee. - I am looking forward to increased mobility. - I have resumed many of my pre-surgery activities, from golfing, to coaching...
  10. treypops

    Sports and TKR

    @coddle You are getting lots of good advice in this thread. I just want to add my experience. I've always been a "sportsman" myself. Golf, basketball, baseball, football, tennis, etc. I have similar stories with knee injuries and surgeries over the year. I finally had a left TKR at the...
  11. treypops

    TKR Post op RTKR

    @suemegane You shouldn't be in so much pain! Ask for more medication if you can have it! Best of luck to you...this is a journey and you have taken the first couple of steps so far, but in the end it will be worth it all.
  12. treypops

    TKR Surgery date

    @Andysdad Congratulations on getting your date set. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions or need advice. You'll be back on the tee box in no time...
  13. treypops

    Thanksgiving knee

    @Lesan Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I received a Christmas knee last year. I wish you success and we will be here all along your journey for support.
  14. treypops

    OATS -MACI OATS/Mosaicplasty

    Well, with microfracture, you MUST be non-weightbearing for at least 8 weeks - you have to give it a chance for the cartilage to grow. If you were on it immediately, that would explain why it didn't take. Of course, I stayed off mine for almost three months and it failed anyway - and I've...
  15. treypops

    It's time for a new knee

    @saanmar I did the hibiclens bathing for a week prior to surgery, and I also did the nasal swabbing. That hibiclens sure dries out your skin! I don't think probiotics will do much to prevent a TKR infection. But don't worry, those types of things are happening less and less frequently these...
Back
Top Bottom