Recent content by trenna

  1. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    Thanks! I just shared a post on Facebook celebrating the 1 year right hipiversary. My hips are doing great physically and I regularly walk a couple of km a day. Sleep is amazing (omg being able top lay in bed and not cry because of the pressure on my hips isn't there anymore), and I honestly...
  2. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    The plan is to leave the lipoma. It's doing nothing, not harming anything. As for the bursitis, I was surprised, but it explains why I've felt like **** after light work-outs. I thought it was maybe muscle pain or something.
  3. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    The lump at the end of my incision ended up being a lipoma, a fat lump. The ultrasound found that I have bursitis in the right hip though.
  4. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    I have had an ongoing lump just past the end of my incision on my right leg, basically since the surgery, but I'd had some pain recently so I talked to my NP and she gave me a requisition for an ultrasound to see what's going on and whether I need to see my surgeon before next May. She thinks...
  5. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    Thank you Layla! My left hip is doing phenomenal. It feels stronger than ever, it doesn't hurt at all. My right hip is okay. It's not as strong as the left was at 4 months. I have been done physio for a month. We ended up stopping because while I could have used more strength, I've been...
  6. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    I saw my OS yesterday. He looked over my xrays, checked out my leg strength with both legs, checked the incisions and removed my right hip restrictions. I don't have to see him until next May again because I'm healing so well. He said a check in September would be a waste of both of our time...
  7. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    Here she is my beautiful right hip. I now have a matching set of strong new hips!
  8. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    It is odd to see it at first. I took a quick peak in the tech's booth as I walked by to see if I could get a look and I saw the single view and I'm so impressed to see these new hips and know that it's inside of me, making me work better.
  9. trenna

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Sorry to hear about your doctor and cancellation. Here's to hoping you get a new date soon.
  10. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    I see my OS next week for my follow-up. I had my X-rays yesterday, so I'll soon have pictures of my pretty new right hip. (I put in my request for a copy for the X-ray). I started back on my meloxicam, and it's made a world of difference in my knees, ankles and back that have been holding me...
  11. trenna

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Happy 2 year Hipiversary Layla. Thank you for all your support
  12. trenna

    THR Trenna's recovery thread

    Thanks @Mojo333. It's true I've had a lot going on with my body and continue to,especially with multiple chronic health problems. I asked at physio today if I could get my walking looked at because something felt wrong. Like it felt like my torso and ribs were moving when I walked. After I...
  13. trenna

    Help with finding soft underwear?

    Personally, I went with bikini cut because they were out of the way of my entire incision. After my staples were out I bought a pair of long legged "shaper" underware because the compression in them helped with the swelling around my incision.
  14. trenna

    OA or Rheumatoid Arthritis

    Mine was caused by early-onset OA related to CACP Syndrome which affects all teh major joint systems because it's been found it doesn't let the body create joint lubrication
  15. trenna

    quick question

    My dad is going in for a knee replacement on July 10 and some time in November as well. He's using a different OS and hospital than I am. One of the things his hospital makes them buy is a "surgical staple remover" to get their staples taken out post-op. How common is this, making a patient buy...
Back
Top Bottom