Recent content by toughstuff

  1. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Yesterday was my appt with the number 1 hip surgeon in the system for a 2nd opinion. I was the last patient and he spent an entire hour with me. He could not believe how tight my surgeon made me from surgery (native hip offset 2 cm and the new hip is 3.5 cm). He said that alone will cost me many...
  2. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    I would say my pain level is around a 4 most of the time. It is just annoying enough to interfere with daily activities and concentration.
  3. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Jamie, What are the typical signs of loosening components? I’m still thinking this could be an issue as I can hear that rubbing when I rotate. Any other questions you would suggest asking the surgeon? I have the ability to text him and he responds quite quickly. Thanks
  4. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Unfortunately I did not notice much of a change from the injection. Not sure of the correct approach now. I’m at 4 months and still sore 90% of the time. I guess there is still a chance to heal completely but this length of time can’t be a good sign.
  5. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Thanks for asking. I got the injection on Friday. They told me it’ll take a few days to take effect. Today is the following day and it’s sore from the injection.
  6. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Can anyone else move their hip a certain direction and hear a rubbing sound? In general my hip doesn’t make any sound nor does it catch or anything like that. But if I lay on my back and do a pelvic tilt exercise or stand up and stretch laterally, I can hear the ball rub in the socket. There is...
  7. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    My injection is Friday, Nov 15th. My surgeon actually was a little reluctant to do this injection this ‘early’. He said that 3 months is really pretty early in the healing process. He talked to me about waiting and allowing more soft tissue to settle and stretch before the injection. Then he...
  8. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Yes. I had an ultrasound and then followed by an X-ray that showed some calcification where the Psoas connects to the femur. I’m hoping the injection really does some good for pain relief. Sounds like I have a good chance of that occurring. The surgeon doing it himself under fluoroscopy gives...
  9. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    @SaraK how is the surgery for the Psoas release? Recovery time ? Restrictions? Anything you can share? I imagine you really have to research the surgeon you choose for that.
  10. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Thank you both for all the information. I’m hoping it works well. I am still sore after 3 months. It certainly may just need time to heal but it may also be this Psoas diagnosis. I am likely too aggressive with my activities and may be making healing take longer.
  11. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    At my 3 month appointment, the surgeon found calcification where the Psoas meets the femur. He said this is likely the cause of my ongoing soreness especially when doing stairs. He is scheduling me for an ultrasound guided injection. He does this himself so ‘he is sure the injection site is...
  12. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Thank you for checking. I’m doing better. The joint itself feels good but I still have a bunch of muscle soreness. I’m sore on the outside of the hip (IT band?) and some groin soreness. My surgeon did say it’ll be quite awhile because of the approach and how tight it was to place the ball back...
  13. T

    THR Hip replacement after hip arthrosocpy

    From being on this forum, I am under the impression that 65 days post op is not actually all that long. It seems that 3-4 months can be very common for some real improvement. That’d be 90-120 days. I am not at 3 months yet and I can tell you my joint feels fine but my muscles really struggle...
  14. T

    THR 50 year old male's recovery

    Completed a 6-day vacation in Disney that was booked a year in advance. It was at the 9-week point of my recovery. Did the flight, the park each day for 5 hours, out to eat each night, and some pool time. I did use an electric vehicle in the park but other than held my own. I am improving but...
  15. T

    THR Hip replacement after hip arthrosocpy

    Just as a reference, I was feeling a little better and scheduled a leg/hip massage. She is very experienced and didn’t do anything crazy. Simply some muscle work, a little ROM on the hip with some slight stretching. Felt great during the massage and for hours afterward.....one day later my...
Back
Top Bottom