Recent content by Toomuchfun

  1. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    I have actually sat in on a hip replacement surgery and a TKR back in the 90's when I owned a CPM/DME business. And I watched an hour long youtube video before surgery just to see how things have changed in the last 20 years. And I agree, watching these videos is not for everyone. Including...
  2. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    Thanks everyone. I too started off on pillows and then carpet. Hard surfaces are far too uncomfortable but sometimes it's necessary like when I have to get down on the kitchen floor and ransack the plastic container cabinet looking for a container to store food in. I actually bought a foam...
  3. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    Thanks, I thought as much. Darn!
  4. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    I'm back with another question? Since day one I've struggled with getting down on all fours. Knees on floor or gardening is very uncomfortable. Can't say it's pain, but it's very uncomfortable. Feels like I've got two coconut shell halves on my knees between the outside skin and the joint...
  5. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    Good advice and I think I'll take your advice as soon as I finish up these last 5 PT visits. I need a break.
  6. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    This is a good example of how different we all are. Walking just short distances causes a lot of swelling. I'd be lucky to walk a 1/4 mile without suffering excessive edema. But it does get better every week. I'm not worried about regaining my ROM and I know in time I'll be able to hike and...
  7. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    Josephine, Sorry, for some reason your post didn't show up on my screen yesterday and I didn't get an email you had replied. First, let me add that from 1990-2000 I owned a DME(durable medical equipment) company specializing in CPM, Ice machines and venous compression devices. I placed dozens...
  8. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    I think you're right. Withdrawals can cause insomnia is stated on most Rx/Drug info websites. I sure wish I could take the benedryl. I have a similar reaction to antihistamine products. I have weird dreams and find it hard to sleep. I'll up the water intake. I have fallen down on drinking as...
  9. Toomuchfun

    TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

    Hey, first post for me so I'm sure I'll be breaking some of the rules so I apologize in advance? I had my left knee replaced 10/20/14, appendectomy 12/6/14, right knee replaced 12/22-14. I'm a slow healer and until this surgery never realized what a wus I am? I've been on oxycodone since...
  10. Toomuchfun

    Confused and could use some help

    Well, that is a conundrum isn't it? Maybe opinion #3? Has your PCP seen the X-rays? Have you? You're probably not qualified to make an expert medical decision but did they both point out the damage to your joint? What's the downside to a complete TKR vs. a partial? Maybe it's best to go for a...
  11. Toomuchfun

    Confused and could use some help

    Sorry, this may be a silly question but is Dr. #1 an orthopedist?
  12. Toomuchfun

    2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Right knee on December 11th. October 20th for left knee.
  13. Toomuchfun

    2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    October 20th Left Knee-December 11th Right Knee
Back
Top Bottom