Recent content by Toodle68

  1. Toodle68

    TKR Numbness and kneecap pain<<

    Just be aware, depending on what those pain meds are, it can be considered DUI if they are the hard stuff..
  2. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    Day 19.. after having a great day Monday, I had an awful day Tuesday. A dull ache in both legs all day. I could not get comfortable. Could not sleep well.. Today I woke up and all was well again.. The unpredictable change from 1 day to the next is exhausting. Had PT again today.. managed to...
  3. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Posting from the Other Side:-)

    It's kinda funny.. I remember them putting something in my IV to help me relax and then nothing after that. My wife said I was awake, blew a kiss to the nurse, moved onto the operating table myself.. but I just can't remember any of it.. It is freaky that I have no memory of it. Glad to hear...
  4. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    Thanks.. and yes, it is more discomfort than pain..
  5. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    Day 17.. Had a little setback moving from rehab to home. My last PT in rehab was Tuesday (day 12). I left rehab Wed and rested. Thursday was initial home visits from PT and nurse. By the time I started exercising again and had PT on Friday, I had dropped from 90 degrees to under 80. We worked...
  6. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    Being discharged from Rehab today. I can walk unaided at the moment, but using a cane for short distances and the walker for anything longer. With the cane and a hand rail, I have managed to get up and down steps. Both knees are at approx 90 degree's. Getting past 90 to the desired 110 is...
  7. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    Unfortunately not.. and it taken focus away. The hiccups have been different from all the other surgeries I have had. Normally they stop when I get sleepy and I sleep.. they start the next morning when I wake up. On Monday they would not stop so every time I fell asleep a hiccup would wake me...
  8. Toodle68

    Malware Warnings all cured now! Yayyy!

    Thanks.. none of the images are working on that thread and so did not see it as being the same..
  9. Toodle68

    Malware Warnings all cured now! Yayyy!

    I received this from my updated chrome browser with norton AV every time i visit the website.
  10. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    Day 3 post op... the last 24 hours has been hell. My knees are swollen like grapefruits. I can walk but not bend. Last night I tried for the toilet and the entire episode was so exhausting. Last night my hiccups got so bad I could barely breath. Every time I took a breath I exhausted air...
  11. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    PT is great.. they did not force me to bend.. had me out of bed and walking to the door and back and left me in a chair for an hour.. Nice to be up..
  12. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    Thanks all.. Post op day 2. The blocks appear to have completely worn off. I had a rough night. Had some morphine about 5am. Itching a little. Did not sleep to well. Hiccups continues which is causing me stomach reflect issues. I am tired but can't sleep. Overall feel a little bit of a mess lol
  13. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    I forgot to add a little detail. I have some old hardware in my left knee from an ACL done approx 25 years ago in England. The Dr did not know exactly what it was and I had a ct scan before the surgery. He said he would review when he opened me up. Turns out the item was unlikely to come out...
  14. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR Toodles Recovery Thread

    Hello all, So after years of pondering and waiting and a postponement, I had both knees done Friday 2/26. I woke up ok in Pacu but was kept there longer than expected due to high pulse. The 1st 24 hours was great. I felt great. Eating and drinking.. passing water. Sleeping ok. Pain was nearly...
  15. Toodle68

    Bilateral TKR - 2/22

    So.. totally ready to go, mentally ready.. Get a call from the Doctor on Sunday that there has been a death in the family. Surgery pushed back to this Friday. Had to completely change my wifes work schedule and pushed my std back. Added to that my wife was against me being in over the weekend...
Back
Top Bottom