Recent content by tomgho

  1. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    6 weeks out today! Walking 2-4 miles everyday. Is there anything like overdoing it in terms of walking? Hope everyone is well
  2. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Hi! Doing well, walking between 1 -1.5 miles daily. I feel like a prisoner newly paroled. Walking without thinking where ever I want, whenever I want is delightful. Still a bit limpy, but going to go to outpatient PT to correct. Of course, with the increased walking my feet hurt and back...
  3. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Thanks! Here waiting for the 4 week x ray actually. Just walked a little over a mile in NYC, a feat quite impossible pre operatively. I was walking with one cane for the past two years, and also really enjoying having both hands free!! Thats a nice little perk for sure. I know I have to work on...
  4. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Wanted to share an update. I am 3 days short of 4 weeks from my bilateral. I was able to ditch the walker after week 2 for two canes, the ditched any assistive devices by the start of week 3. I am now walking around , albeit like a penguin, without devices. Walking the banks of the Hudson with...
  5. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Thanks for sharing! When did you come off the walker? Would love to hear your progress with walking aids. Today I tried walking with two canes. Wobbly, not there yet, but I did a good 100 feet. Walker works best but I am afraid I am really relying on it and upper body strength.
  6. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    thanks all. Day 12 was the best so far. Lots of walking up and down to the hallway and to the elevator. PT did push me quite a bit today, but so far so good. Until she comes back I am going to take it easy ;). I guess I am learning how to walk after not waking properly for years and years. Do...
  7. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Thanks a lot! That probably is it, holding on to the walker for dear life! I had my best day today at day 11. Walked with the walker a lot. Didn’t use the urinal more than a couple of times and made it to the bathroom every time. Switched back to my normal bed, which is higher and as it turns...
  8. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    I am getting some numbing and tingling in both hands, is this something people experienced? Day 11. Things seem to be getting slightly essier. Getting in and out of bed still the worst. But walking, with heavy reliance on the walker seems to be a bit easier,
  9. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Thanks both. Yeah I am on aspirin, twice daily. Just thought getting in and out of bed to go to the bathroom would be not super difficult a week out, but it’s not very easy at the moment. But I will try to stay in good spirits knowing that a rounding of a corner is coming! First two weeks are...
  10. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Hi all. Right above my right knee, there is swelling that is excruciating to the touch, hurts exquisitely when I get up or make any movement, could it be a clot? It’s probably causing most of my pain at the moment. My left ankle is also numb and tight. Just checking if these things are normal...
  11. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Thank you so much for sharing. I will keep in mind that it will, get better!
  12. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Thanks Janet! I am taking dilaudid, robaxin, and Tylenol as needed. Definitely on top of the pain meds. Before today, it kept the pain very manageable, especially while resting. Today, it’s been bad
  13. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Thank you all. Today I experienced the worst physical pain of my 41 year old life getting into the car, surviving the 1.5 hour car ride (lots of traffic) home, then making it to my place from the parking garage, which is a bit of a hike. The pain today was 100x worse than my arthritic bilateral...
  14. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    I think it was just incorrect information.
  15. T

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Got bilateral hip replacement on August 28th evening. Still in hospital 4 days after surgery. Elevated heart rate with Heamoglobin drop, so they had to give me one unit of transfusion. Getting used to getting out of bed just with a tad less difficulty (though still feels very tough). Once on...
Back
Top Bottom