Recent content by tkrme

  1. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    My stairs are a bit higher than standard steps. Occasionally I will put my old knee down first to get my surgery knee an extra bend, never enough to cause pain. However Saturday I was at a place that had bleachers that also served as the steps. They were knee high 20 inches or more. The...
  2. tkrme

    Bilateral TKR 6-4-2012 surgery, 5 year anniversary

    Congrats on your success and learning what you can do. Amen to it is worth it.
  3. tkrme

    TKR Advice please

    Wow. Stop that PT. No one should touch and push your leg. That is why you are not progressing. Gentle exercise as prescribed on this site is all you need with taking care of kids. It would be great if someone could come in to help u a bit
  4. tkrme

    TKR TKR May 1, 2017 - pain

    I hope you have found a Med by now. I'm allergic to Percocet and oxycodone hydro condone. OxyContin. Most common pain relievers have those ingredients. I learned my allergies the hospital with my rtkr four years ago. OS researched to find Nucynta not containing those ingredients. Praying...
  5. tkrme

    TKR TKR May 1, 2017 - pain

    I am allergic to several ingredients in many pain meds. One being hydrocodone that's in Norco. I can take Nucynta. It works well for me. You might ask your dr. About it
  6. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    10 weeks. I go about my daily routines ride stationery bike or walk. Even been doing a little appliqué and painting for graduates gifts. I don't have to elevate toes to nose high every night but I do ice and elevate some each night. I havent needed Tramadol but once for restless leg in a...
  7. tkrme

    TKR IowaNana recovery thread

    Sounds like you are doing great!! I had surgery in March and had a UTI. Dr. Gave me prescriptions and an extra one in case it came back which it did in a few weeks. I also took otc AZO the second time since the extra prescription was not for symptom relief just antibiotic. I had the...
  8. tkrme

    Revision TKR Metal Allergy or Infection or Something Else

    In Memphis tn is Campbells Clinic with specialists. Also MayoClinic is now in Memphis with the Methodist hospital network.
  9. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    Dragonfly. Outside is a very motivating goal. My bike needs a repair but walking outside is wonderful also. My husband is a sweetheart, retired from his career but still farming. As soon as he finishes planting, it's a camping trip for me. I had no restless leg or other issue last night so...
  10. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    Diclofenac pot Is the anti inflammatory. It is the first time to take it I had taken it about 4:00. The info sheet listed itching as a side effect. I took the Tramadol about 9:30. Was itching in about a half hour and took Benadryl. Four hours later itching again. Maybe it was both...
  11. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    Thanks. Yes I had taken a Benadryl before bed when I noticed the itching. I don't know why. I think itching is a side effect. I am allergic to several pain meds. This might be beginning a new allergy.
  12. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    I have. I have not taken any in several weeks.
  13. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    So I took Tramadol last night and began itching all over. Took Benadryl and it helped. Woke up four hours later itching again.
  14. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    Good report from OS today. He gave me a new prescription antiinflamatory for twice daily. He said it would help woth healing and decrease the time of swelling. I am unfamiliar with the name of it. He also said I should still take Tramadol at night time and if needed during day.
  15. tkrme

    TKR Deep knee bend

    Thanks KarriB. I appreciate all the encouragements you give to me and to everyone.
Back
Top Bottom