Recent content by TKAA

  1. T

    Bilateral PKR Greetings from the other side

    Update (8 weeks post-surgery) - I saw the surgeon who partnered with my primary OS for my surgery, regarding my ongoing LK pain and suspected bone fragments/loose cement. He confirmed that it looks like there are loose bodies but doesn't think they are the source of my pain. He suggested...
  2. T

    Bilateral PKR Greetings from the other side

    Thanks @kneeper. It's actually my doctor's recommendation. I really am at a loss as to what else to do as I can't tolerate the current pain level without some sort of analgesic and I'm trying to minimize use of narcotics except to handle spikes. Do you have a suggestion? I'm more reliant on...
  3. T

    Bilateral PKR Greetings from the other side

    Thank you @sistersinhim. That's encouraging.
  4. T

    Bilateral PKR Greetings from the other side

    Hi - been a while so I wanted to post an update and ask a question. I'm continuing my pain management rollercoaster. Having gotten off the oxycodone I was finding the tramadol really hard on my GI tract so I've been trying to get by on acetaminophen, naproxen, and ibuprofen in rotation. Nothing...
  5. T

    PKR And Now for the Left One

    Sorry your OS has been unresponsive. Maybe you should poke again? If you might get any relief I imagine it would be worth it. And maybe you'll discover a superior topical anesthetic. I confess I just used some sunburn spray I had in the cupboard, as I had gotten pretty desperate by then. Good luck
  6. T

    PKR Left PKR 9 July 2020 (Australia)

    Thank you! I assume this looked the same as the one they applied post-surgery? Glad you are making progress. Same here. Biggest challenge for me of late (5 weeks post-op) has been weaning off the opioids. But I'm getting there. All the best from Texas.
  7. T

    PKR Left PKR 9 July 2020 (Australia)

    Those look great, @barrj46! Do you know what the dressing was called? If I ever to this again want to be sure to try those and not the Aquacel Ag that @Rick951 and I had that led to the adhesive burns we experienced. Sorry you felt you were regressing earlier. Has that gotten better? Good to...
  8. T

    PKR And Now for the Left One

    Not much advice to offer Rick. I suspect your OS knows that your oxy threat is a veiled one as unfortunately at least in my case it didn't touch the burning pain. It took probably 10 days before the burning faded for me. Hope you'll heal more quickly. After a while I started using topical...
  9. T

    Bilateral PKR Greetings from the other side

    Thank you Jamie. That's exactly what I started doing the last couple of days (tramadol and acetaminophen). It's been a hard couple of days but I feel like it's important at this stage to get off the oxycodone. It has been tearing up my GI tract and leaving me too doped up to function...
  10. T

    PKR And Now for the Left One

    @barrj46 - good luck with your recovery. I had bilateral partial knee replacements on June 11th. As @Rick951 knows I had the same issue with both my bandages and it really resulted in a two-front battle against pain. Particularly because the oxycodone that was effective on the surgical pain did...
  11. T

    PKR And Now for the Left One

    Glad the big reveal wasn't too revealing. Sounds like you're making good progress!
  12. T

    Bilateral PKR Greetings from the other side

    One month update: Not much news to report. I'm still hobbling around with the use of the cane. I've made a couple of failed attempts to reduce the dosage of oxycodone - slowly starting to get it down now but still having the occasional setback. Still hard to sleep for more than an hour or two...
  13. T

    PKR And Now for the Left One

    Thank you!
  14. T

    PKR And Now for the Left One

    Glad to hear you are doing well Rick. Those appear to be the same dressings that my hospital used. If you can find out anything about them please pass it along. I'd like to download the spec sheet to find out the composition of the rubber and adhesive, so I can be sure to avoid them in the...
  15. T

    Bilateral PKR Greetings from the other side

    Just thought I'd share a picture of a little device that has been helpful to me both pre- and post-surgery. This "desk cycle" fits under a desk or table (provided there's enough clearance) and is like the bottom part of an exercise bike. There are tension settings (before surgery I used 4 to...
Back
Top Bottom