Recent content by TKA2023Feb8

  1. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    ****June 2024 update@16 month post op**** In Jan 2024 I saw a nerve specialist, who said I should try an ablation, but suggested to wait 18 months post op (Aug. 2024), as nerves can take 18-24 months to recover. The process is to first do 2 nerve blocks with lidocaine, to see if it helps. If it...
  2. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    Thanks everyone. I'm almost 11 months now, still doing poorly. Pregabalin has helped, but not much these days. I have been cutting down again; why be on it if it's not performing? I went through this same scenario in June/July. I saw my OS two weeks ago, who referred me to a special clinic in...
  3. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    thanks for your concern, but after 9 months of struggling and experimenting with physio and multiple meds, I am adequately experienced, equipped and educated.
  4. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    This is an important update. I was doing so poorly, so desperate that I had to try a small dose (50 mg) of pregabablin (Lyrica) again, even though I had weaned myself off the terrible (side effects and withdrawal) drug by August 1. I was doing ok in August/Sept, making small progress, but...
  5. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    I thought I would give a 9 Month Update, as I am doing so poorly, wondering if any one took 2 years to heal. My first knee done a year ago has healed great (but is not rigorously tested). I haven't taken a single med since Aug.1, which was a success, but my 2nd knee overall is closer to a...
  6. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    5 month update (Summary - recommend minimum 6 months between 2 TKA's, beware Lyrica) I've been taking 75 mg x2/day Lyrica for about a month now, and I have been slowwwly improving, while trying to balance the considerable negative consequences of the med. Even at the relatively low dose of 150...
  7. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    16 Week Update I saw my OS 4 days ago May 29. As expected, he was baffled, and could but refer me to another OS for a 2nd opinion; not good I thought. He said my aspiration was negative, but I asked and he agreed to continue with infection diagnosis with a white blood cell scan. However, he did...
  8. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    I had researched the issue a bit and found no evidence, along with my OS's opinion, but I have to question doing 2 knees in succession 3 months apart, let alone doing 2 at once. At least my OS advised not to do that. I think your immune system is potentially being overstretched. Maybe I would...
  9. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    Thanks everyone. I wouldn't have done my 2nd knee after 3 months if my first knee wasn't in ok shape, which it was. For my extremely limited capability, my first knee feels almost perfect. It is however, a real disservice to that first knee, to not be able to fully rehab it, but hey, you're...
  10. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    Just for the record, that excessive walking was by misjudging how far it was for an acupuncture appointment. I think that's the only evidence that would suggest that I'm overdoing it. I don't do exercises, as I have been listening to Bonesmart. I lie 22 hrs/d and ice/elevate 6x/d. It's just so...
  11. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    3 Month Update Almost 14 weeks now, and I'm sadly still in rough shape; not a whole lot better than my original 4.5 week post. I am slightly stronger with daily activities like getting out of bed etc, but extremely limited. I am seeing the best PT I could find, the former head PT for the...
  12. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    I still can't do much, but something I wish I had done earlier was to get a muscle stimulator to get my (inner) vastus medialis quad firing; minimum effort required. My PT says it is about $200 retail, but sold it to me at his $60 cost. Roscoemedical.com model=EMS7500
  13. TKA2023Feb8

    Revision TKR Four Months Out and Still Can't Walk

    I really appreciate your experiences. I had found nothing else that seems so similar to my condition, and both of us 66. It reminds of a saying; something like "people often mislabel someone as a cynic, when they are just someone who sees things clearly" I am 11 weeks now, still on crutches and...
  14. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR 4 Weeks, Min exercise = severe pain

    depressing 10.5 week update I am still swollen almost all the time after doing min exercises, as well as by spending more than 30 minutes on my feet, all still on crutches. My bend is 85 degrees, and a lousy 15 degree extension. I saw my OS last week, who had no answers but did refer me to a...
  15. TKA2023Feb8

    TKR Long Recovery

    @LeftKnee123 "I think I am getting “rebound headaches" I continue to get headaches from what I understand is "medication overuse headache", but mine is from T3 or Percocets, requiring a normal Tylenol to alleviate. It sure makes you want to reduce meds. We have enough problems, who needs this...
Back
Top Bottom