Recent content by Time2heal

  1. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    I’m approaching 6 mi tha post op and doing pretty well. I’m back to hiking and lifting weights at the gym. I achieved full extension about 3-4 months out but flexion still isn’t back to where it was pre surgery. It’s good, my Dr is happy with it; he says what’s working against me is that I’m...
  2. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    Just figured I should post an update to give hope to those earlier in the process. I’m back to most all my normal activities which includes 2-3 mile walks and weight training at the gym. The knee still doesn’t feel “normal” but it isn’t painful. The most difficult situations tend to be when I...
  3. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    This is great to hear! Thanks!
  4. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    Surgery was on Jan 19 this year. Finally near zero for extension and at 135 for flexion. I’m still hoping to get my surgical knee to match my non-surgical knee for flexion which is 155. I continue to have extreme tightness in my knee. By outward appearances I have very little swelling. I wonder...
  5. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    I’m at seven weeks today…. Woohoo! Things are finally seeming normal-ish. I’ve not managed to walk more than twenty to thirty minutes (at most) to accomplish a shopping trip or two. I’m really wanting to get back to my daily, for fun, outdoor walks. Any tips or insights about how to speed that...
  6. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    Thank you, that’s very helpful.
  7. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    On Friday this week I will hit my six week post op date. I still haven’t gotten my knee to zero degrees extension, I’m at about a 4. I’m wondering if others have had this experience and then still been able to achieve zero over subsequent weeks? If so, how long might this take? I get lot of...
  8. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    Thank you all for this input. It’s been invaluable and we have decided against this trip for this year. Sad, but better to save it for when I can actually enjoy it! Now, back to battling the blues. I’m so tired of the slow progress. Glad to have this community to lean on.
  9. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    Thank you for this! Helps a lot.
  10. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    Thank you! Letting it drop means sitting on a flat surface and putt king my leg out straight in front of me. Then, just trying to relax and let it settle down. That’s very uncomfortable but something PT says I should be trying to tolerate? At least for a few minutes at a time?
  11. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    I am at four weeks and three days. I’m feeling much better but nowhere near where I thought I would be. This whole journey has been an eye opener to me. I hadn’t realized how much I pegged my hopes on best case scenarios. I had not realized that being relatively young (56) and in good shape ( I...
  12. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    What are the best and safest movements/exercises to promote knee extension; I’m told I’m “behind” with getting it where my surges thinks it should be. I’m at three weeks and two days.
  13. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    I’m at three weeks and two days. Im Sleeping better and the pain is becoming manageable. My knee still feels extremely tight snd I’m walking with a cane. I can’t imagine I’ll be walking with no limp by six weeks but that seems to be what is expected? Does anyone know if that is a realistic...
  14. T

    TKR What did I get myself into?

    I’ve been told about the six week window. I let my PT “mobilize” my knee because I am behind schedule with extension. It seems only to have set me back, I’m worse today than I was two days ago. My surgery was January 19
  15. T

    TKR Time2heal in recovery

    I had my tkr on Jan 19. I was told I’m behind with my knee extension and have been doing daily exercises to move that along. Two days ago the PT mobilized my knee, pressing down on it really hard a few times. It was excruciating but I’m willing to do what I need to. Today I woke up and my knee...
Back
Top Bottom