Recent content by Tigerlily

  1. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    Thanks Pumpkin for the library link, I thought I had read everything but missed that. sounds like the jury is unable to agree on the wording.
  2. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    So, I am 7 months out from my surgery. a month ago I went for a teeth cleaning, they asked is anything new health wise? I said total knee, they said did you take your antibiotics? I said what are you talking about? No one said anything about that to me. I'm sure my OS would of mentioned it, I...
  3. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    Lucky you! To be retired I mean. I'm not quite there yet. Saw my OS yesterday and have 3 week extension, see him again Dec 10 and imagine I will have to go back in some capacity in the month after that. I am glad I have a little more time as I was really sweating the lack of stamina and having...
  4. Tigerlily

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Oh boy! Your surgery was a week before mine and you are already back at work for 2 weeks! I see my OS next week and find out when I have to go back. Really afraid about it, you and I have the same profession, and I know when I go back it is 8 hours on my feet. I'm hoping he will extend my time...
  5. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    @Thesoutherncook Good to meet you! I haven't been on here for awhile, and it looks like you came on after your surgery. I was lucky enough to find this site before my surgery and sign in with the July Sparklers group. There was only one other person with my date and it was her other knee and she...
  6. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    @twright100 I'm glad you said that, my knee still swells and aches, still have to ice sometimes, thought I would be done with all that by now.
  7. Tigerlily

    TKR Post-op TKR right knee

    Welcome to the other side!
  8. Tigerlily

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    LOL I had the same reaction! I have Percocet I don't need, my OS was very generous. But, you know, it's illegal. What about asking your primary care doctor?
  9. Tigerlily

    TKR Just found this site: post op since 7-20-15

    WOW I had surgery the same day as you and am not doing all of that. I expected to get some push back from PT when I started outpatient PT 2 weeks ago, going in armed with all my knowledge from this sight, but I did not. In fact they told me to quit doing the walking I was doing, 1/2-3/4 mile...
  10. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    @twright100 hey some one else who had surgery the same day! How are you doing now?
  11. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    Today is 5 weeks and 2 days. I am still so tired! I sleep OK at night but still need 1-2 naps a day in addition. My range of motion is 120 but my extension is still -8 despite my best efforts and I do not like that bridge position much, its uncomfortable. I had them measure my good knee and my...
  12. Tigerlily

    TKR I made it!!

    I, too, have only foggy recollections from the hospital. You haven't posted in awhile I hope that means all is well and you are out and about.
  13. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    So tomorrow will be 3 weeks. I've been really weepy this week, feel like I should be able to get something done and can't seem to accomplish anything. Tired of feeling like this, tired of being house bound, I mean I do go out for little jaunts with my hubby but if I go very far the knee swells...
  14. Tigerlily

    TKR I think I'll call her Tahwanda!

    Well, tomorrow I will be 2 weeks!! I get around the house mostly without any assistive device. I walk up the block 1-2 times per day and use my hubby and walking stick. Bowels have sorted themselves out. About 5 more injections and I'm done with that. Finally getting to be able to slightly do...
  15. Tigerlily

    TKR Kate's Knee Knews

    I had surgery the same day as you did. It looks like your Nucynta is another name for or generic for Percocet which is what I am taking. My Os prescribed 100 mg q4 hours. I asked him to do that because my copay is the same whether it is for 100 pills of 100mg or 100 pills of 50 mg. I knew I...
Back
Top Bottom