Recent content by Third joint

  1. Third joint

    TKR Here I am with my new left knee

    Glad to see you are doing well. I will soon be at 2 years also, but had a revision done in February as my kneecap had dislocated. I had been in a lot of pain and once I had the revision; life was wonderful. I am now mostly pain free, walking my dogs about 2 miles a day and loving my knee.
  2. Third joint

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    I have amazing ROM and can crawl on my knee and really do almost anything I want. My issue is that I have a lot of pressure when climbing steps and a pinching feeling. I also have a lot of pain when rising from a chair and when sleeping. My poor kneecap looks like a lump of ice cream sliding...
  3. Third joint

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    Glad that went well for you. I was actually looking more for information about the surgery itself and the recovery time.
  4. Third joint

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    No this surgeon only did my most recent arthroscopy and knee replacement. My hips were done many years ago.
  5. Third joint

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    That does sound like a very good idea, but I am in a real time crunch right now. I am going to be losing my job the beginning of March along with my insurance, I have to move from the house I am selling into my new house before March 1 and am leaving for a month in Florida on March 17. I have...
  6. Third joint

    Getting my kneecap repaired 1.5 years after knee replacement

    Hello All Bonesmarties....After making only a certain amount of forward progress and continuing to have popping, pressure, sensation of stabbing and a tearing feeling; my doctor has decided that my kneecap is out of place. The xrays bear this out as it is thinner on one side and definitely has...
  7. Third joint

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    Hello All Bonesmarties....After making only a certain amount of forward progress and continuing to have popping, pressure, sensation of stabbing and a tearing feeling; my doctor has decided that my kneecap is out of place. The xrays bear this out as it is thinner on one side and definitely has...
  8. Third joint

    TKR Here I am with my new left knee

    It's always good to see someone's long term progress. I am at 1.5 years and continuing to improve. I can get down and crawl on the floor with some super squishy knee pads. That was my main goal. Are you going to start working on your other knee? I know I am not mentally prepared to start on...
  9. Third joint

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    I am celebrating my One Year anniversary of my knee and what a difference a few months has made. I did a second round of PT and then started doing some exercises that can be accomplished sitting or standing and working on my balance. I also found an amazing pair of kneepads that have a built...
  10. Third joint

    TKR Rob's Knew Knee

    @newlybionic - I am glad you are back on the road to recovery. This replacement did not go at all like I had hoped. My hip surgeries seemed much simpler (even though one had to be revised after only a year). Recovery is definitely longer and I am also still swelling if I am on it for more...
  11. Third joint

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    :swim:Agreed, but I take my swims in Florida and am planning to spend as much time there as I can this summer.
  12. Third joint

    TKR Rob's Knew Knee

    @newlybionic - I am sorry to hear that.
  13. Third joint

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    I have gone through my round of PT and have worked hard at home on some low impact aerobics, strength training and balance. I am getting around great and when I concentrate on how I am getting up from a chair and going up the stairs; I can do it pain free. I am currently working on kneeling on...
  14. Third joint

    TKR Rob's Knew Knee

    I am looking forward to my one year anniversary and although I am still not back to 100%; I am doing much better. Another round of PT and some exercise at home to strengthen my quads has helped immensely and I have worked up to low impact aerobics and balance and strength training. I am...
  15. Third joint

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    I am aching to get back down to Florida. Only four more weeks and I will be en route. I find that the Ohio cold weather immediately stiffens my joint when I get out of the car. Have you experienced that? Never heard of your calcified debris. Sounds like a lunar landing.
Back
Top Bottom