Recent content by thecraw

  1. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Update , which is about 2 weeks post surgery. Have been feeling really good. Am off my crutches and am just on Targin 5mg twice a day. Will wean off that over the coming week. Wounds have healed well and I can get them fully wet now. Am still recovering from the Keflex reaction I had during the...
  2. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Just an update , got through the night with no fever and also saw the surgeon last night who was happy for me to head home. All the tests they have done have come back as no infection so they are grouping the temp + rash I have as penicillin allergy. I am going to question them a bit more in...
  3. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Update from today...am still In hospital but with an end in sight. To get the hip bit out of the way...all great going really well[emoji106] My issue with rising temps and them wanting to ensure it's not an infection... I mentioned: - the rash I had on my back and legs to the dr ( had...
  4. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Thanks @Jaycey , quite frustrating but am getting looked after that's for sure..they are not taking any risks. Btw hip is feeling great. I just had a look at my ops notes and he equalled my legs out..apparently it was 3mm shorter. Doesn't seem like a lot but certainly feels different. Pain is...
  5. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Like clockwork at 19:30 my temp spiked to 38.2 again...strange thing is I don't feel unwell...sure a little clammy from the temp but not 'sick' like I normally would if I had a fever... Also as the temp is fine during the day and then spikes at night it feels to me more like a body reacting to...
  6. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Temp did drop to normal this morning but as a precaution they want to keep me in for another day :) just in case it does spike again they will run some more tests so I don't need to go to a ED. Sent from my iPhone
  7. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    On the roller coaster of recovery. Terrible night last night and woke up in quite a sweat with strong pain. Improved pretty quickly with meds and throughout the day was really feeling very well. Tonight my temp spiked a bit (38.2) and they are concerned so off I went for chest X-ray, bloods and...
  8. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Much better day today. Blood pressure rising up and was able to get onto crutches. Had one intense leg cramp that knotted right where the ball joint is...almost jumped through the roof [emoji3] I did say to the PT I didn't want to do my arvo stroll as my body was telling me to just lie down...
  9. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Well Day 2 was an interesting one. Started off well with a small walk then my blood pressure was quite low and I just held on to not faint. Recovered immediately I lied down. Then tried again after dinner and exact same thing. Almost fainted in the bathroom....looks like blood pressure is...
  10. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Update after Day 1 Just had a good walk which went well. My main pain is mostly related to my 'posterior'. Wound is going well and I expect to be on crutches by this afternoon. Op was Wed and I should be able to head home on Sat. Sent from my iPhone
  11. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. All went very well. Was up for a walk this afternoon which was a success. Quite a bit of pain obviously but the drugs work a treat [emoji106] As some background as to the type of operation - ceramic on ceramic - hip socket cemented titanium with ceramic cup...
  12. T

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    This time tomorrow I will have had my RTHR. History of FAI both hips, moderate OA, tears etc. Had an arthroscope for the FAI 6 years ago which removed the pain but has gotten progressively worse. Will post here as I progress the recovery [emoji3] Sent from my iPad
  13. T

    Pain Location question.

    I had several years of lower back pain investigations before one dr said within about 5mins ...it's your hips...I didn't have the classic symptoms ...more general pain but the X-rays and mri's where very clear on the damage on both hips once I had them done. Sent from my iPhone using broken...
  14. T

    Anyone have a torn labrum and FIA leading to a THR?

    Ramp, I guess this is where I can only go off my experience...and for me it was a great option. When I turned up 6 years later I knew what was coming and I guess I had already 'done what I could' to postpone it. It will always be a decision though based upon what's happening with your hip...
  15. T

    Anyone have a torn labrum and FIA leading to a THR?

    I had Fai and tears in both hips. I had the athroscope and it was great for 6 years :). I am 46 and have a thr next week :). The arthroscopic procedure was excellent for me though and gave me an extra six years..
Back
Top Bottom