Yes, and my neurosurgeon has recommended a surgeon in their practice to see. I am just not looking forward to possibly having more surgery, or a revision, but then again the surgeon who did my replacement said I overreacted when I demanded that I be sent back to the hospital from rehab just...
I know I have a thread started, but I cannot find it. It has been 9 months since my right knee replacement, and the pain is just as bad. I have sharp shooting pain that runs down the tibia, and constant aching. I am still on dilaudid just to function. In May I underwent neck surgery for a...
I can understand what Wandlingon is going through. Even though I only had a right knee implant in October 2014, I am still in quite of bit of pain. I am through with physical therapy, but I still take 4 mg. of Dilaudid at least 4 to 5 times a day. I am having a lot of problem with extension, and...
I am doing the exercises described, it is just frustrating trying to get the extension I want. Not having it has thrown off my gait causing hip, back and ankle pain. Trying to stay positive.
I know it's been awhile since I have posted, and I would like to say my knee is somewhat better, but it's not. I am having problems with getting my knee straight currently I am minus 14 degrees. It is painful walking or standing, and still having a lot of pain. Still take Dilaudid, but now my...
@lunula I can understand why you are concerned about an infection, but remember it does occur in a small percentage. With me I seem to develop an infection no matter what. I hope everything goes well for you next month.
I finished the antibiotics a week ago and so far so good. My OS said my knee looks good, and I am supposed to go back next week. Unfortunately as far as PT that is not going so well. I had another session today where I lay, lie? on my stomach on the bed with my legs hanging off at the hip level...
Sorry about the new thread, I couldn't find my original recovery thread. I do appreciate all the response's. My pt comes to my home 3 times a week and it's anything but some stretching. After this past Monday's pt I still haven't bounced back from it so to speak my knee feels stiffer than...
It has been 3 weeks since my right tkr, and up until tonight despite having pain control problems my recovery since I was released from the hospital has been somewhat normal. Now I am having a constant pain behind my knee, and so far nothing is helping plus I am feeling unwell. My normal body...
I read your posts a couple of days after I got home. I did develop an infection, and spent 10 days in the hospital in a unit below ICU. Everyone is different and respond differently to pain. I have no tolerance for pain and a high tolerance for pain medicine, don't let a doctor scare you into...
I was diagnosed with Cellulitis and I was septic. I am getting Vanco. Thankfully it's only for 1 more week. I wasn't too thrilled when my doctor was hesitant to realize I was truly sick. I know my body better than any doctor.
After having my surgery postponed to the 20th. of last month, I would like to say all went well, but it did not. On October 24th. I was transferred to a rehab where my pain increased to where I could not put any weight on my right leg. I was concerned because a day after my surgery I developed...
Good luck to you also, I know what you mean about being a "glass half full person". You, as well as everyone having surgery this week will be in my thoughts.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.