Older women do not get enough protein.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2024/02/18/1231552773/protein-diet-muscle-strength-training-muscle-loss-women
Don't know where you're getting this information from but it's incorrect. While beef is certainly the highest in iron, poultry and eggs are excellent sources. This is according to the American Red Cross and many official medical and nutritional sites. All meat is heme iron, which is the most...
Most women in general, but specifically older women, get nowhere near enough protein in their diet. The current RDAs are way to low. And especially after surgery of any type where blood loss is involved, you MUST increase your protein intake. All sources of protein are great sources of iron, but...
Appreciate the concern about driving and Percocet. It's certainly a valid point for the majority of people. I'm an ultrarapid metabolizer, meaning most drugs are completely out of my system within a few hours, and opiates in particular have never provided more than an hour or two of semi relief...
Making steady progress. Started walking outside over the weekend, about 30 minutes each day. Using my cane only when I leave my apartment but should be able to go totally on my own soon. Had my 2 week check-up today with the orthopedic nurse practitioner. Except for my lymphedema, everything's...
@beralc You'll love your Fitbit even more once you've recovered and are walking/exercising more frequently. Got mine about 18 months ago and it motivates and challenges me to keep improving both fitness and sleep. Have fun with it! Hope you're doing ok today.
Glad you are feeling better! I have the same problem with elevating. Tried the 3 pillow stack in bed last night and that lasted all of 5 minutes. Tried it again on my recliner today but nope, my body just can't handle being in that position. At PT yesterday, my CLT (certified lymphedema...
Where is your bruising the worst? My LTKR was Jan 13 and exactly one week later I developed some painful bruising around my ankle, making it difficult to wear shoes. Also have a bit of bruising on the sides of my knee but not painful. I had pre existing lower extremity lymphedema. During that...
@beralc Oh my, that's a lot to deal with. I can see why icing would be so painful. Do you have both RA and OA? How does your Fibro affect your TKR recovery? Do you live alone? About 5 years ago I discovered I was ANA positive, had extensive lab work, including autoimmune panels, but nothing...
No. All I see are descriptions such as foot stool.jpg and pillow stack.jpg. When I try to "view image" I get a page stating the following,
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
Good suggestion but unfortunately that didn't resolve the issue. I'll keep working on it, possibly a browser or security setting.
So do you have lymphedema? Your tips were very helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to share them with me. I'm icing my knee right now while doing ankle...
I thought maybe it was a browser compatibility issue. I tried all 3 of my devices, phone, tablet and laptop, with both Chrome and Samsung browsers, but none are showing the images. The only one I'm able to see are the Lounge Doctor links. The rest appear to be broken images.
Unfortunately I'm not able to afford the Lounge Doctor or similar wedge pillow. I did read the Elevation post but the photos (jpg's) aren't visible, and I'm not able to see the do's and don'ts. My recliner definitely doesn't lift my legs up high enough, and I'm unable to raise the bottom of my...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.