Recent content by Tentcamper

  1. Tentcamper

    TKR Journey of a slow healer

    This will be my final comment on BoneSmart due to the reasons listed below. First, let me say that every decision I have made is my own choice. I take full responsibility for where I am in my knee journey. My recovery has been long with slow healing and swelling. I’ve had to take drastic...
  2. Tentcamper

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    Sounds like your recovery has started well and you have the support you need. Stay on your medication schedule and take it easy. No more 3 mile walks for a bit. Best of luck to you. @KPup
  3. Tentcamper

    TKR High BMI - Surgeon near Seattle?

    I live in Tacoma which may be too far but here is my doc. I really like him. Praveen Kanneganti, MD (253) 838-8552 34612 6th Ave S Suite 300, Federal Way, WA 98003
  4. Tentcamper

    TKR When is the right time to have TKR

    For me, it was when I had to turn back on a snowshoe trip before I reached the end. My knee was in so much pain that I could barely walk. I was pretty much ok with daily stuff on flat ground but I could no longer do what I loved. I agree with Jaycey. Get it done now.
  5. Tentcamper

    TKR Journey of a slow healer

    I hit a new high of 72! My PT has been massaging tight muscles and she said as she gets more of them to relax then she can get at those deep ones and I should see more progress. I'm still doing cryotherapy and lymphatic massage as well. I made it up three flights of stairs walking as I normally...
  6. Tentcamper

    TKR Where did you spend the 1st week?

    I lay on the couch with my leg elevated and my ice machine pumping away. I had trouble sleeping and went from my bed to the guest bed to the couch for a couple of weeks. I finally settled in my bed but it took time.
  7. Tentcamper

    TKR Walker? Crutches? Cane?

    I used my walker for less than a week then graduated to hiking poles. It was easier for me to get around with my poles.
  8. Tentcamper

    TKR Ice Machine Recommendation?

    I used one that had a limit if 30 minutes and it then shut off. That was inconvenient to say the least. Just be on the watch out for that.
  9. Tentcamper

    TKR Journey of a slow healer

    Month four anniversary I have to say this has been a depressing month. My ROM increased six degrees from last month. PT has figured out that my patella tendon and quads at the side of my knee shortened during the first two months when I couldn't move much at all. So now comes the very slow...
  10. Tentcamper

    Bilateral TKR Colleen’s Bilateral TKR Marathon

    @HappyHen Wow, you are doing an awful lot of exercising for just 7 weeks post surgery. I also get night spasms but only when I've overdone it. Maybe back off doing so much for a week and see if resting, ice and elevation helps.
  11. Tentcamper

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Wow, I'm jealous! At 5 weeks I had so much swelling that I was at 40.
  12. Tentcamper

    TKR Having knee surgery September 26

    I don't know if you live alone, but in preparation for my recovery I got a full tank of gas in the car so my first drive would be simple. I also moved my car so it was easy to get in it. I did practice runs pretending to have a straight surgery leg. I tried getting into the shower and sitting on...
  13. Tentcamper

    TKR Question About Pain After TKR

    It's just like when you take your car to the mechanic when it is making a noise. It won't make the noise for the mechanic. Same with your knee. It heard you got an appointment to tear it apart and decide to try and make you change your mind by not hurting :loll: Get the replacement because...
  14. Tentcamper

    PKR Nolander's LPKR Recovery Thread

    I think sleeping on your side again is right up there with dumping the major meds!
  15. Tentcamper

    Bilateral TKR Joe's Journey

    @Hey Joe Welcome to the group. Personally I am glad to see you are not doing a bilateral. You need some serious help just functioning with more than 1 brand new knee much less two based on what I've heard. Your friend has had a remarkable recovery! I hope yours goes just as well but each...
Back
Top Bottom