Recent content by Tennessee1

  1. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    OK, fellow hippies. I haven't been on here in a few weeks because I've been so busy "working from home" and making progress. My doctor is very impressed. He took me off hip restrictions based on how I feel. I'm still VERY careful. I'm now walking about half a mile per day with my doggies...
  2. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    We watch Forensic Files and all those shows about every night. I can’t stand Deadly Women though. It’s just too creepy. There have been murders shows on the ID channel for three counties to the east and west of our, plus ours. All that stuff about rednecks not putting up with **** can be true...
  3. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    @1stSurgery , it's more wild southern. I don't live very near where they were looking for the guy/murderer in the woods for a whole week that has been on the national news (they found him this morning - hooray for our law enforcement people and dogs). BUT where I live looks exactly like it...
  4. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    Thank y'all so much! On the One Month Hipaversary I couldn't believe it. It seems like about 10 days. Last week I was doing some loosening up on the pain and adjusting to Naproxen as opposed to serious stuff. Now Naproxen is all I'm taking for the pain, which is still there but much more...
  5. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    @Mojo333 I would love to build a little house out here, about 1200 sq ft with a big wide front porch. I call the style Grandma House (like everyone’s Grandma used to have). It is so nice and quiet right now. I’m doing pretty well although recovery is just about a week slower than the “charts”...
  6. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    Everyone sounds so peaceful and hopeful. What a good place to be. I guess I’ve lived in all levels of homes in my life. I had my dream home. It was only about 2000 sq ft. I gave it up when my BF’s daughter was in a bad wreck and the outcome was Persistent Vegetative State for about 7 years...
  7. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    You know you are invited too! :heehee: My BF has been most wonderful in providing meals, as have friends and family. But being totally forthcoming, I must be a really good cook or the THR process makes food taste awful. I was thinking of a fantastic Mexican restaurant I’ve visited (far from...
  8. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    Wow does Mexican sound good! People have been amazing to provide food, but I’m learning that I like my own cooking best (shame on me). I’m ready for some authentic Mexican food.
  9. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    Hi @EL11 and @lovesstars! Fun to see y’all comparing notes and bonding over metal body parts...ha ha. You both seem to be doing very well with your recoveries. I’m proud of you both. Wouldn’t we have fun “doing lunch?” At least it’s a fun thought. So excited for a moment this morning! I...
  10. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    @Alitm The doctor and I both felt 6 weeks was OK because I was doing so well. That would give me time to finish the aspirin regimen and then be off of it for over a week. After the experience, I would say 6 weeks is OK if you want that or need to get back into the swing of things ASAP. Eight...
  11. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    Wow! This thread got wonderfully intense while I was away (sleeping, trying to cook, do laundry, etc. I love it. @Lalyla I think HGTV is a great salvation in recovery. It kind of forces you to relax while you ice and elevate. It’s great to be past the first two weeks, which to me are the only...
  12. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    Daytime TV...LOL. Thank goodness for HGTV. Sitting in the recliner chair and just noticed my feet are propped on the footrest rather than stretched out straight and limp. Doubled checked for greater than 90 degree, which they are. Yay! Another milestone.
  13. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    @1stSurgery Your post reminded me of how brave and Self-caring I felt when starting the process. I had forgotten! We really are brave for choosing to go through this. It is SO worth the hope of having pain-free years ahead. We are demonstrating that we plan to keep participating in life. This...
  14. Tennessee1

    THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

    I’d never have guessed others also feel the need to say farewell to the hip we are about to lose. I guess we really are so much the same. Wouldn’t it be neat to make a list of all the places we’ve been? I’ve wanted to do that but so far keep procrastinating that.
  15. Tennessee1

    THR Second hip after 6 weeks

    Ah, yes! Just woke up about 30 minutes ago and very excited. For the first time since the surgery I can feel the healing. Yes, it hurts, but there is strength in the joint area. AND I think I’ve passed the Depends test. Three nights I’ve made it to the potty on time, and listen to this: I...
Back
Top Bottom