Recent content by Teachfirst

  1. T

    TKR Knee Feels Unstable

    @Golfer1 Birmingham has a lot of great surgeons. Both of my children had ACL surgeries with Lemak and my husband with Andrews. I went with SportsMed both times with good results.
  2. T

    TKR Knee Feels Unstable

    Not only are we just a day apart on our surgeries, we are also close in location. I had my surgery in Huntsville.
  3. T

    TKR Ready, Set, Go!

    @kate97497 Maybe I just thought it tasted good because I didn't have to cook it. Then again my appetite wasn't great after my knee surgeries.
  4. T

    TKR Fatigue and Going Back To Work

    Hey! Just wondering how your first week back was going? I've been lucky. We had 3 days of work days with no students, but due to weather they were all three 2 hour delays. Students were to start back today, but predicted icing cancelled that, so we got another teacher work day. The bad...
  5. T

    TKR Ready, Set, Go!

    Confession: I enjoy hospital stays. I've only stayed in the hospital overnight twice with my babies and twice with my knee replacements. I think it's because my life is so hectic and non-stop. I can lay back and take it easy without feeling guilty. And someone brings in your meals, so no...
  6. T

    TKR Pain in bed

    I spent the first three weeks sleeping in a recliner with my knee elevated. I would wake several times and need to get up and walk around. I used those opportunities to ice. At week four I started transitioning to the bed and could sleep for a couple of hours on either side. I still woke a...
  7. T

    TKR Fatigue and Going Back To Work

    We seem to have a lot in common. I also had my second TKR on 11/22/21, we are close in age, we both teach, and I also go back on the 3rd. I am the media specialist in the morning and teach first grade reading in the afternoon. I also work at the local community college for 5 hours 3 nights a...
  8. T

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    I'm 5 weeks out and have sensitivity around the incision. It started around week 2.5. I remember having extreme sensitivity with my other knee replacement and wish I could remember how long it lasted. ☹️ It did eventually go away after a few weeks.
  9. T

    TKR Second TKR Recovery

    @Jamie I tried starting out in bed last night and tried sleeping on my side. Nothing was comfortable and it hurt too much to roll over just to not be comfortable and still hurt. So, I ended up back in the recliner. But, I got up early, went back to bed and had no trouble moving around in bed...
  10. T

    TKR Second TKR Recovery

    @Sks1997 You are lucky to have those point of references. My first TKR seemed to heal quickly and easily, but I am starting to think I blocked all the bad! I went back to work teaching after 6 weeks...pretty much had to but all was well. I will need to do the same with this recovery!
  11. T

    TKR Second TKR Recovery

    Today starts week 3. I had my first check up and my doctor said everything looked good! My numbers are 1 and 111. No more staples!! They told me to keep it uncovered which makes me nervous and relieved at the same time. I also hope to wean off the daytime pain meds this week. I started this...
  12. T

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Yes! I can get comfortable with my leg straight and all of a sudden it needs to bend and I mean that instant... or vice versa. I'm in week 2, so just a few days ahead of you. The first week was rough! Lots of discomfort and pain. Week 2 has seen much improvement! No more walker and I plan to...
  13. T

    TKR Second TKR Recovery

    Thank you!
  14. T

    TKR Second TKR Recovery

    Could admin change the title of my thread to reflect my recovery from 2nd knee replacement on November 22, 2021? Thanks!
  15. T

    TKR Second TKR Recovery

    Well, day 3 was rough. I had lots of swelling and most movement was painful. I had a scheduled PT and they were very understanding and gentle. Today, the swelling was noticeably better, as well as the pain. I showered, washed hair and dried, and swelling is back. I have spent most of the day...
Back
Top Bottom