Recent content by teacheri35

  1. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Tomorrow is my new knee's 1st birthday! I have seen a marked improvement in motion at walking speed of 3 mph. In September I hiked a butte with 800 ft of elevation change in a half mile. About 0.2 of a mile was 3 inch deep sand. I hiked 7.6 miles one day last week.bi try to walk regularly 2-5...
  2. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    8.5 months. I still experience stiffness when getting up and going. The stiffness does work it's self out. Flexion about 130 degrees, which does mean I have to change how I mount and dismount from a horse. I had been walking about 2 miles 2 to 7 days a week in May and most of June. The last...
  3. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Thank you Jockette and EalingGran. I actually have followed the Bone Smart advice and am just doing daily activities. There was swelling to the outside and things look different. I see my surgeon the 29rh of this month. We shall see.
  4. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Anyone have knee catch when straightening leg after laying on your side with knees bent? It has been happening on the outside of the rtkr and tonight it feels like the knee cap is out of place. What should I do? I can walk but it is stiff when I bend the knee with tightness in the...
  5. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Month 5 on my rtkr. Doing well. ROM inconsistent, but overall improvement. Consistency with rom activities will help. Need some time away from schoolwork, so I can actively work on ROM. Thanks for all the support.
  6. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Hello, just giving an update on my "good" knee. After a strong recovery through month 3, my non surgery knee became very painful. I took a break from extended walking (1-2 miles), continued yoga twice weekly, took a week off, and am now back to extended walking twice to three times a week. My...
  7. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Eehamm, it really does!! By week 8 things just shift and by week 16 really good. Just follow the Bone Smart protocol. I will say I did need pain meds at night for 4 weeks. Then I just used Tylenol and Benadryl. Now I use homeopathic pain anti spasm as need and Benadryl on occasion.
  8. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    I am retiring in May. I lead yoga and my bottom is in the air, too. Lol
  9. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Hello, I am just a bit past 4 months tkr. About 3 weeks ago all was good. Then the 'good' knee decided to act up. Pain was much like a torn meniscus. It has calmed down, but I had to slow down on consistent excercise (mainly walking.) I am back to a mile but not daily. The tkr knee is mostly...
  10. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Thank you for thinking of me! Doing well! Walk 2 miles when weather allows and leading gentle yoga...some poses. Thanks for the support! Couldn't have done it without you all! ❤️
  11. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Thank you, benne68! I pray your newest knee is healing well!
  12. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Hello, I am 9 weeks post op, and I am having trouble with pain mid shin. There is a divot, if you will, where it hurts. I assume the muscle is swollen above and below the divot. No particular reason or cause. I have not been walking as normal due to weather. I do pedal on a floor eliptical and...
  13. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    MICHIGANGAL,Thank you
  14. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Thank you!! I am at 130 and finished pt at 5 weeks pt. I am now at 8wks.
  15. T

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Thank you! I am in a good place then. I am hoping to be back on my mat tomorrow. I lead yoga, so I need to get back to my group. Thank you again!
Back
Top Bottom