Recent content by tdh_1

  1. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Thank you Celle. It did scare the dayLights out of me. I was afraid to move for fear I damaged my knees. It's been 4 days now and I'm recovering. My left knee is still kind of a mess with scabbing and bruising but my other bruises are starting to fade. I sure hope it doesn't happen again!! I've...
  2. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Has anyone ever fallen? I started to take my walk last friday and promptly fell down. My right ankle rolled and I was unable to catch myself. I went down on the left knee, both hands, and finally my face. Unfortunately for me, I was on a gravel road. I did go to the Urgent Care for X-rays on my...
  3. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    My extension is -4 on the left and -2 on the right. I'm also 128 on left and 121 on right. I think I'll call my doctors office and ask to talk to the nurse to see if it's ok. I do use the pillow between my knees while sleeping on my sides. Thanks all! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  4. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Thanks everyone for your input. You all are a world of knowledge! Now I have another question. I was told prior to surgery by my doctor, and after surgery by my therapist at rehab, that I shouldn't put a pillow under my knees for sleep. The reason being that it could cause the scar tissue to...
  5. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    I had 2 weeks in a rehab and the rest has been outpatient pt. My insurance will cover pt as long as it's deemed medically necessary. I feel like they might be stringing it out for that reason. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  6. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    I'm at 3 months out and STILL feel exactly like this. I am so sick and tired of it all. I still haven't decided if I've done the right thing having the knees replaced. They don't feel any better than they did prior to surgery. In fact, they still feel worse. Everyone keeps telling me I will wake...
  7. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Question for bilaterals: How long did you have physical therapy? I've been going 3 days a week for 2 hours at a time. I am so over it. I don't want to go anymore.
  8. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Today was grocery shopping day. I was finally brave enough to try out an electric cart. I've been frightened that once I sat down, I wouldn't be able to get back up. I could! Now I'm sitting here exhausted, with ice on my knees but so happy that I managed this chore!
  9. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Just reading through @jbrooklyn and @iivesfam5 threads. Gosh, I feel like a snail in my recovery! You both are doing so well and I'm still plugging along at 8 1/2 weeks. I know we are all different though. I can walk without, but still use my cane in public. I cannot stand still for very long at...
  10. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    Very late coming to this thread. I also had trouble getting pain meds strong enough for my pain and on time. When I got to rehab, I had one nurse who would shame me every time I asked. I was allotted Oxycontin (I think thats the name) every 12 hours and another Oxysomething every 3 hours. I...
  11. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    My appointment went well. Doctor says my pain is completely normal, as is the fact that my right knee is a trouble maker. He says the right will eventually catch up with the left. He refilled my scripts and told me to take them if I have pain. The Percocet is working well so that's what he gave...
  12. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    @ptmhcm He gave me Temazepam 15 mg for sleep. It's very mild. In fact, I'm not sure it really even helps me. I tried taking the sleep aid alone, without any pain meds. I laid there awake for about 2 hours until I finally broke down and took a Percocet. My nightly ritual now is to take 1...
  13. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Hi all! I haven't checked in for awhile and thought I'd let you all know how I'm doing. I still have PT 3X a week and tomorrow I see my surgeon for another follow up appointment. My left knee is great! Right knee is a problem child for sure. I still need Percocet to sleep but only 3 tablets...
  14. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    I had my first follow up today. Doctor was very pleased! He was surprised that I was using a cane rather than walker and that I have a good range of motion. Then I went to PT and surprised them too. The goal was to SIT on a bicycle and perhaps rock the pedals a bit. I was able to pedal frontward...
  15. tdh_1

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    I do them every day unless I go to my outpatient pt. Leg raises, heel slides, marching, flex my butt muscles, stand on toes, sit in chair and lift leg out to front. 3 sets of 10. I also take a short walk everyday down the gravel road with my cane. I will see my doctor in the morning and will...
Back
Top Bottom