Recent content by taylornewknees

  1. taylornewknees

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knees Oct. 9, 2013

    Four months out!! (18 weeks today) Most of the pain is gone - Thank God! I just have a funny feeling, hard to describe. Guess it is the artificial parts working with the native parts. Anyway, we are working together and doing great! :yay: Can't wait to trade the snow and ice for some sun...
  2. taylornewknees

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knees Oct. 9, 2013

    Hi @rballer - There are articles referencing minimally invasive surgery under Knee Replacement header, articles, then down the list to 'knee replacement and alternatives'
  3. taylornewknees

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knees Oct. 9, 2013

    :mcoffee:Seventeen Weeks! I think my knees and I are really going to be friends! Although I know something is different there, they are working fine and the pain is very minimal. Word of warning - I had a bad cold/flu :mcoffee: for a few days and other than having to work a few hours a day...
  4. taylornewknees

    WHO trains these PTs anyways?!?

    PTs are different! My PT pushed, but allowed me to stop or cut back when I said it hurt too much or allowed me to modify if I could not do what she asked. My friend, who had one knee done three weeks after my BTKR, had a PT who was hands-on and caused her much pain until I told her to check...
  5. taylornewknees

    BTKR is scheduled for January 23

    Hi ParamedicGirl - sounds like you are preparing yourself. The BTKR is the best way to go. A very handy tool for me was the rolling walker with the seat - the seat doubled as a carrier, so I could get what I needed and wheel it back to 'my nest'. I think your timing at the end of March is...
  6. taylornewknees

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knees Oct. 9, 2013

    Fifteen weeks and counting. All is going well. Pool work is really helping. Amazing what you can do in the water. I get a good workout in the deep water, swimming, and doing cycling, walking, and cross-country skiing motions, as well as squats and leg lifts in the shallow water or hot tub...
  7. taylornewknees

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Hey Blue - Sorry to hear you do not have access to a pool. I have been going to our local pool during what they call the "silver dolphins" class - which is exercise in the shallow end. Other than when I do some squats in the water, I stay in the deep end and do cycling, walking, cross-country...
  8. taylornewknees

    Tomorrow my big day is finally here

    All the best with your NEWKNEES. Stay positive and remember " you are the boss of you." Pain control and ice!
  9. taylornewknees

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    WOW - Blue - you are doing great. So happy to hear you are coming along. I am at the 15 week point and amazed at the progress. It just seems to happen - all of a sudden I realize I am doing more than I did last week or the other day, etc. Doing PT in the pool has been wonderful. It is...
  10. taylornewknees

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knees Oct. 9, 2013

    Wow - the last couple of weeks (14 weeks tomorrow), I am really noticing positive changes. Even with my "almost" fall getting out of the truck, I am feeling steady improvement. I think the pool therapy has a lot to do with it. Even the pain on rising is less intense. Endurance is coming too...
  11. taylornewknees

    BTKR is scheduled for January 23

    Welcome to the BTKR world! I am 13 weeks out and doing pretty good. I was in hospital three nights. Surgery was Wednesday morning and I left hospital Saturday morning. My husband took the month off work to be my carer (God Bless Him!). I read in another thread about what to bring to...
  12. taylornewknees

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knees Oct. 9, 2013

    Thirteen weeks today! (Three months tomorrow!) since BTKR! Still having pain on rising, although it tends to vary in intensity. I had a little mishap getting out of our pickup the other evening: I slipped as my left foot hit the fresh snow (probably ice underneath, hyperflexed the right...
  13. taylornewknees

    Scheduled Consult with OS

    bluetechseeker - hope all went well with surgery! When you are up to it, I am sure you will be posting your progress. Take care and know you are not alone!
  14. taylornewknees

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knees Oct. 9, 2013

    Well, ten weeks out now!! Since the six-week point, I have been having nasty shots of pain when I rise from sitting (the longer I sit, the worse the pain). The pain stops as soon as I am fully upright. I also wake during the night with aching and sharp pain primarily in my left knee. I had...
  15. taylornewknees

    Scheduled Consult with OS

    Congratulations on your granddaughter. Enjoy every moment! Sounds like you are well on your way for surgery - prepared in every way possible. All the best for the season!
Back
Top Bottom