Recent content by Tawney

  1. T

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Michael Miller Hip and Knee Orthopedic Surgery 5.0 of 5 stars • 187 ratings Tucson, AZ Dr. Miller is amazing...
  2. T

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Hello all, I am convinced that the notes on various My Charts are simple copy and paste from another patient and then not proof read. On one of mine, the doctor said we discussed alternate healing and horse chestnuts. WHAT!? Had never heard of them. I did write that physician and said we never...
  3. T

    TKR New/55- TKR: 27 FEBRUARY 2025

    Hi.... I have Systemic Nickel Allery Syndrome and the gene for nickel allergy. Have you had a blood test panel for allergies concerning implants? Orthopedic Analysis in Chicago does LLT blood tests. :snow:
  4. T

    TKR New/55- TKR: 27 FEBRUARY 2025

    Hello. I don't believe there is a nickel free implant made in the U.S. Titanium contains nickel. I think one is now available in Germany. :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
  5. T

    Metal Allergy TKR Metal Allergy

    ANY doctor can sign the order for Orthopedic Analysis...
  6. T

    Revision THR 6th Hip Replacement

    So sorry to hear of all your surgeries. Has a metal sensitivity been considered? All the best.
  7. T

    TKR Diagnosing Metal Allergy

    Orthopedic Analysis has all the information and forms online. You need a physician's signature. ANY physician. They have 3 separate panels that they explain very well for reaction to implants.
  8. T

    THR Nickel Allergy and Total Hip Replacement

    Hello.... there aren't presently any implants without nickel. Hopefully that will change as more people are diagnosed with metal sensitivity...
  9. T

    THR Nickel Allergy and Total Hip Replacement

    My surgeon found an implant that is .05 nickel. Hmmm .... would you give a person with a peanut allergy one peanut?
  10. T

    TKR Nickel allergy

    Hi.... thanks for your comments... I'm more of a lurker than a poster.... what kind of injection? Eating healthy is a problem. I went to a really nice veg. restaurant with my husband.... and there was not a thing that was not high nickel... In fact, a plant based diet of a year probably threw me...
  11. T

    TKR Nickel allergy

    Hello All, Thank you for adding me to bonesmart forum. I have systemic nickel allergy syndrome that started out as contact and then changed to systemic in my 70's. I am following a low nickel diet that helps immensely with eczema caused by nickel. Orthopedic Analysis came back as highly...
  12. T

    Metal Allergy Nickel allergy

    I had robotic Mako 1/2 knee replacement ... perhaps that is why the knee did not react much...
  13. T

    THR Nickel Allergy and Total Hip Replacement

    Hello all, thank you to everyone that shares. I am scheduled for TRHR April 2 but I think I will cancel. I am highly reactive to nickel according to Orthopedic Analysis and have had a nickel allergy since my teen age years. I am 78. In 2019 I developed systemic nickel allergy syndrome probably...
  14. T

    Metal Allergy Nickel allergy

    Hello, what is the name of your prosthetic? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom