Recent content by TauraB

  1. T

    Welcome to the October Feisties' 2018 Hip Recovery Club

    Not well. Thanks for asking. Lots of pain in both knees that I've never had previously. Pain in low back, SI joint, IT band of surgical leg and every step i take is painful...far worse than pre surgery. Surgeon is non responsive so I'm seeing PCP tomorrow. Very scary!
  2. T

    Newbie introducing myself

    Hi all - I apologize for not updating everyone sooner and thank you all for your kind wishes. Bonesmart stopped notifying me of posts long ago and when I would look, nothing showed. So sorry! My THR surgery was postponed as my thumb joints were so painful I knew walkers and grabbers were not...
  3. T

    Newbie introducing myself

    Thanks for this information! May I ask what is a mini posterior and what were and are still your restrictions? I have two standard poodles and am bending, kneeling and squating dozens of times every day for their care and training. That doesn't count all the rest of the bending etc I do. So...
  4. T

    Newbie introducing myself

    That's so encouraging!
  5. T

    Newbie introducing myself

    Thank you for all the encouragement. My PT says that at 1 year you can't tell the difference but in the early post surgical period she says you really can.
  6. T

    Newbie introducing myself

    In my region anterior, same or at most next day discharge rules. But that's great to hear ..!
  7. T

    Newbie introducing myself

    Thank you everyone so much for responding. I would have posted again sooner but the thread alert didn't work and I assumed no one wrote! Aaagh! The utube videos were/are actually pretty positive...it was a video a doc had me watch in his office about risk that caught me up short. As it turns...
  8. T

    Newbie introducing myself

    Hello - I am anticipating right THR in the next few months and have been reading, watching YouTube videos and occasionally reading posts here. Each time I think I'm ready, information comes my way that causes me to step back. Today, a surgeon warned me about non-healing foot drop as a rare but...
Back
Top Bottom