Recent content by TajMahal

  1. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    @Postalgal - thanks, Debbie! I am glad not to need the pain meds anymore, though I'm glad to have them on hand in case I have a bad night or overdo it. For some reason, this time I wasn't the least bit concerned with becoming dependent on them, probably because I really took only minimal doses...
  2. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    @gertie, just went and read your thread, remembering my own bout with a rehab facility back in 2010 when I had a TKR. I too, live alone, and my surgeon insisted I go to a rehab (he even twisted the arm of my insurance company who initially didn't want to pay for it). I was grateful for the...
  3. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    Thanks, @gertie! I read that recently too -- that rebuilding bone requires a lot more calories than one would expect. No wonder I've felt so wiped out lately - fracture on top of hip replacement. I've been pretty good about protein supplementing since I had bariatric surgery three years ago...
  4. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    Good news today after my 6 week visit with my surgeon (4 weeks after avulsion fracture). The new X-rays today show the fracture is healing' I'll still be on the walker another two weeks though and then I can gradually move to a cane. I'm walking more though surgeon cautioned me not to overtire...
  5. TajMahal

    THR I appreciate my new hip

    Welcome,@NWhipster, from a fellow Seattle hipster! I'm so glad your experience has been so positive - I too, am 5 weeks out, had a marvelous surgeon, great care in the hospital, and great early recovery, though a complication 11 days in that resulted in my having to slow down the recovery...
  6. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    Thanks, @Jaycey, for providing the articles. I think I've almost got them memorized. They've helped so much. I haven't been icing as often as in earlier days, since I have no swelling or much pain any longer, other than stiffness at night. I still elevate quite a bit when I'm in my recliner...
  7. TajMahal

    THR Other side for Tamra!'

    Hi @tamra! I'm new here, but just wanted to pop in and say hello and congratulations on your new hip! And I think the idea of a new boyfriend is fabulous. You've inspired me too! Not sure about a motorcycle for me, but the idea of getting back to my old life sounds awesome. I hope you feel...
  8. TajMahal

    THR I actually went through with it!

    Hi @FraidyCat, and congratulations on your new hip! Your early mobility sounds impressive. I'm 5 weeks out myself, and working on increasing my mobility just a little each day still (I had a small setback at 11 days out with an "avulsion fracture", so have to take it a bit easy for awhile...
  9. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    Hi @julesglass, and thanks for your kind welcome! Well, I guess there can be setbacks along this road for all of us. I remember reading @Josephine's story that this is in many ways like a roller coaster ride. That's really helped me to accept this situation, because at first, I'd drunk the...
  10. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    Whoa! Thanks, @mopster, for the story about your friend's similar injury! I guess I'm taking my doc's advice much more seriously after hearing that. I'm still a little confused about how mine could even have happened -- no fall, no accident, no overt twisting or tearing of anything. I...
  11. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    Thanks, @Jamie, for your kind words and reassurances. It helps so much to have a community of folks to bounce questions off. It can feel rather alone, going through this kind of recovery on one's own!
  12. TajMahal

    THR Avulsion fracture after THR

    Hi folks! I'm new to BS, but have greatly appreciated reading so many inspiring and informative stories of people's journeys along the road to recovery. And I'm so touched and moved by the supportive community that has helped so many. My story is similar to many, with one exception, and I'm...
Back
Top Bottom