Recent content by szrmom

  1. S

    TKR I think I have pes anserine bursitis. Is it OK to do modified zumba?

    @ihavetwins, Had my 4 week check-up today, and the quote my doc said was you can't work a knee to heal, you can only rest a knee to heal. The knee is only 50% healed, and any inflammation caused by overworking it will slow down healing. I am limited to walking for 10 minutes at a time...
  2. S

    TKR 2nd TKR Done!

    Saw the surgeon for the 4 week post op check. Everything looks great! I'm free to leave the house, but the doctor warned me about not being an overdoer. He says, "You can't work a knee to healed, you have to rest a knee to healed." I told him that hamstring curls, where I just lift by leg...
  3. S

    TKR 2nd TKR Done!

    While this recovery was very different from the 1st, I am just as pleased with the results. At 3 weeks post-op, I'm off all pain meds, one more pt visit before seeing surgeon on Friday for 4 weeks check. Extension at 0 and flexion at 129. Still some minor swelling, but it will take awhile for...
  4. S

    TKR Finally in recovery

    Reading your stories makes me really glad mine were outpatient at a surgery center, and I never had to deal with hospitals.
  5. S

    TKR I think I have pes anserine bursitis. Is it OK to do modified zumba?

    Hi @ihavetwins I am 18 days post op, and I feel like you. Doesn’t look too swollen, but feels like it during PT. You are a few weeks beyond me, but I also worry about doing to much, and make a concerted effort to follow my docs orders which are to stay on the couch with the leg up for the first...
  6. S

    TKR 2nd TKR Done!

    My left TKR was on July 15, 2019, and it couldn't have gone better. My right TKR was on Sept. 28, 2020, and while it is going well, it is very different from the first one. I have to constantly remind myself that this is a completely different knee and surgery and not to compare the 2. Both were...
  7. S

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    My os told me the same thing, but didn't limit it to 4-5 times per day, and he prescribed a ice system with a velcro wrap that I velcro an ice pack into the wrap and then wrap it around my knee. (it came with 2 inserts) It also has a pump to make it tight. But, the ice pack has to be put back...
  8. S

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    My surgeon did the same thing, and day 3 was by far the worst day for me, but that was the only "bad" day, and truthfully, it wasn't even that bad. Just more pain than I had on days 1 and 2. Keep it up, sounds like you are doing great!
  9. S

    TKR szrmom recovery thread

    1st post op at the os went great. Xrays looked perfect. ROM is beyond what they expected. Cleared to drive and return to work, but will do half days in the office and half days at home for the first two weeks. No more cane unless I am walking in a crowd. Need to continue to elevate as often as...
  10. S

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    Welcome to the club! Hope you have an quick and easy recovery.
  11. S

    TKR szrmom recovery thread

    My doctor doesn’t like the ice machines. He orders an inflatable Velcro wrap that has an insert you put in the freezer. He doesn’t want us icing ice more than 20 minutes at a time, which is about as long as the insert stays frozen. I actually have a polar cooler machine with a knee wrap from a...
  12. S

    TKR szrmom recovery thread

    @MissNoodle, I live in Texas. The Dr. office took care of all pre-approvals with insurance from the procedure itself to the home health service and the medical equipment company that provided the battery operated calf compression sleeves and the ice wrap. The home health service than...
  13. S

    TKR szrmom recovery thread

    Hit 4 weeks yesterday, and am feeling great. Looking forward to my first post op appt. with my os on Wednesday. I’ve not needed any pain meds for the last week, and only feel mild tightness without any pain when I walk. Curious to see if they will still have me using the cane. PT thought I will...
  14. S

    TKR missyjane’s new knee

    Fantastic. I didn’t find this site till just a few days ago, but I had a surgeon that believes in a lot of BoneSmarts ways. I have my first post op check this Wed. Hoping to be cleared to drive and go back to work.
  15. S

    PKR Floridoris's Recovery Thread?

    This very thing is why my pt says I can only walk outside if I have someone walk with me.
Back
Top Bottom