Recent content by Sylvanian

  1. S

    Robotic vs Standard Hip Replacement

    Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. I’m going robotic so will be in touch to let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed.
  2. S

    Robotic vs Standard Hip Replacement

    Thank you for your replies. Perhaps I could have been clearer. This surgeon’s preference is to use the Mako robot. However, when I asked about the issues I’d read about and explained I was unsure about whether I should choose the robotic option he said that he felt the robot had made the biggest...
  3. S

    Robotic vs Standard Hip Replacement

    Good points @Eman85. It’s not really comparing apples with apples. It’s all very hard to get my head around.
  4. S

    Robotic vs Standard Hip Replacement

    Thanks for your views @Going4fun. By all accounts, he is an excellent surgeon and has offered to do the surgery without the robot if I prefer. He says the robot has made a very positive impact on his surgery so I should take this as a positive. I think I subscribed to the robotic approach a...
  5. S

    Robotic vs Standard Hip Replacement

    Thanks Jaycey. I appreciate your kind words.
  6. S

    Robotic vs Standard Hip Replacement

    Good morning everyone. I’ve just registered on the forum as I’m having surgery to replace my left hip on 15th April. Thank you for running this excellent supportive community for those going through joint replacement surgery; it’s invaluable. A little about me: I’m a 43 year old male who’s led...
  7. S

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Hello everybody. I’ve just found this forum and it’s a great resource. Thank you to all who run it and contribute. I’m having my left hip replaced on 15th April in UK and am fairly anxious! It’s my first one so I’m managing my anxiety with meditation which I feel is helping a lot. Good luck to...
Back
Top Bottom