Recent content by SwimHip

  1. S

    THR Hello

    Doing well post THRs 3/13/20 and 9/2/20. Swimming and hitting the gym. I’ve started a thread in the Social Room; looking for input re: Cross Country Skiing. Happy, Healthy holidays to all!
  2. S

    THR Hello

    Thank-you, @Layla. Looking forward to a better 2021. Grateful for my vintage 2020 hips.
  3. S

    THR Hello

    Hello, @Layla and everyone else! I’m well, thank-you and I’m grateful for what I can do with my new left hip and 8 1/2 month old right hip. I started swimming at 4 weeks and continue to do so. We travelled for Thanksgiving (please, no lectures) and I was amazed that I was able to handle some...
  4. S

    THR Hello

    @cstinchcomb, nope, it’s not anything about the way the “prescription” was written. I have a copy of the referral order, and it’s a long list of therapies to be scheduled “within provider’s discretion.” I am not interested in asking about longer sessions. It was great last time because my gym...
  5. S

    THR Hello

    @Layla, you might not be shocked, but I would be. He is at my side, counting reps and telling me the notes he’s putting into the computer. I doubt he’s checking his social media. I’m sorry you experienced what sounds like a very unprofessional PT or PT assistant. My issue is simply the...
  6. S

    THR Hello

    @Woodstockhip, you’ve got that right. Thank-you.
  7. S

    THR Hello

    @Layla, my PT is anything but lazy. He simply spent a lot more time during appointments, as did other staff I worked with, during my last hip recovery. It appears that the PT practice is cramming in more appointments this time. I know this because my PT goes directly from me to another...
  8. S

    THR Hello

    @cstinchcomb, my PT has been very forthcoming with the plan of care. Focus is on proper gait and exercise to strengthen areas that assist with that. For me, attention to the core has been very helpful, as has attention to abductors, glutes and quads. I understand that for some people, this...
  9. S

    THR Hello

    Thank-you, @Celle. I did some swim, kick and pull, freestyle and backstroke. I did not push off the wall with my operative left hip, and kept the kicking very gentle on that side.
  10. S

    THR SwimHip's September THR Pre-Op Thread

    @Pumpkln, @Celle could you move the above to my recovery thread? Thank-you
  11. S

    THR SwimHip's September THR Pre-Op Thread

    Oops, posted in the wrong thread. Could a moderator move this to my recovery thread?
  12. S

    THR Hello

    Had PT this morning and it was not worth my time. From the point that my PT greeted me in the reception area, to leaving the office, 20 minutes had passed. Factoring in the first few minutes of “How’s it going?” I estimate approximately 15 minutes were spent on three separate machines in their...
  13. S

    THR I made it!!

    @Postalgal, so happy for you! Your can do attitude will benefit you during recovery. Take it easy. You’ve got this!
  14. S

    THR I am now bionic

    @Softtail, glad to hear you are recovering well post-op. Please note, though, the anterior approach is not the only approach used with computer navigation. Both my hips (3/14/20 and 9/2/20) were computer navigated, posterior. Wishing you a continued good recovery.
  15. S

    THR Well, here I am, 8 days and counting

    @littlesun, we are fortunate in our city to have excellent aquatic facilities. One indoor with retractable roof and one outdoor pool. Both are available for lap swim with a reservation. I’m glad you were able to shower. Wasn’t that great? Ahhhhh, the simple things, right?
Back
Top Bottom