@BigDon I had been bone on bone for I'm not sure how many years and was living on cortisone shots and anti inflammatories before going to pain mgt I was there for almost 2yrs and was at the point were I no choice but to go on narcotics just to be able to function. I'm in the medical field and...
@CricketHip @Layla happy Saturday. When PT called me she said they are scheduling so only 2 client at a time but I am thinking of postponing. I am in a low breakout area but just last night the governor issued a statement that they have found a cluster of outbreaks in my county and the...
@limpy7 I would also agree with mojo333 I had my LTHR and I for the longest time I was always favoring my left leg and putting all my weight on my right leg. Best of luck to you!
@BigDon Hello! I can totally understand where you are coming from. I am 40 and had my Left THR lateral posterior on 2/26. I was diagnosed at 21 but can remember as young as 15 having trouble with range of motion.
I did try and hold off as long as possible for fear I would have to have it...
Happy Friday!! My appointment on Tuesday went awesome lol the drainage/oozing has stopped no need for any further surgery. I got my order to start PT I have my first appointment on Monday. Also on a happy note last day of home school spring break starts Monday it will be nice to have a break...
Hi all. It been a while since I've posted. I have just passed my one month post op. I had a telemedicine visit yesterday with my surgeon. I have been having some oozing (no odor or any other symptoms to think infection) from one area of my sx site since taking the bandage off at 7days and was...
Hello all! So I'm 9days post op now. Came home last friday. The trip home wasnt too bad except for the 45min it took me to get to and from the rest room at the rest area. They had the entrance closest to handicap parking closed so I had to go halfway around the building I thought I was gonna die...
Hello all. Surgery yesterday went well. 1st time up was pretty tough but I did it!! Got some rest. Have been using the ice religiously like yall have said and it helping. I got a little behind the pain in the middle of the night when I fell asleep so it has taken till the second dose of meds to...
@Mojo333 Sleep:yes!: definitely looking forward to not waking up from the pain. Today I go for my type and screen in case I need blood. I am the first case tomorrow @830 have to be at the hospital @530. Sure there wont be too much sleep tonight lol. :hugzz:
@DesertDiva @Eman85 @Mojo333 thank you all for your responses and encouragement. I really am so happy to have found this site . I have been reading some recovery threads. I just need to remember no matter what this is for the greater good so I can be active again not in pain constantly and not...
@Brushis in the dark as to how people feel on the other side when they wake up. He went over where the incision would be, the implant and that for 2wks I wouldnt be doing much so the soft tissue could heal. I did not take the class bc my sx is 2hrs away I spoke to a woman on the phone but it...
Hi all. So I'm having the lateral posterior done. Has anyone had this that can give me some kind info as to what I'm in for. I feel so in the dark as what to expect after surgery
@Blackbirdie hello. I agree with above comments. Let the surgeon decide. My surgeon decided posterior was best for me with my build and the way my hips are situated. I was kinda bummed bc it seems so many people are having anterior. But I do trust him 100%.
Hi all. I think I'm doing this correctly to be added. I'm having a L THR posterior on 2/26.
I am glad to have found this forum. Seems like everyone I know or talk to has had the anterior approach which I am not a candidate for. So I have no idea what to expect.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.