Recent content by SuziGirl

  1. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Hi folks, long time no see! Hope everyone is doing at least okay around here :) Just an update on my progess: my THR of my left hip is completely healed at this point, 6.5 months later. Couldn't ask for more. The issue now is this: about 1.5 weeks ago I fell while walking my dog and presmably...
  2. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Dorothy, I hadn't been doing my exercises almost since I was released from PT and that was several weeks ago. I'm sure that most of my "twinges" of discomfort are coming from weakness in that area so today I started my exercises again. I'll try them until my appointment at the surgeon's office...
  3. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Just did a self myofascial release on my piriformis using a rubber ball about 4 inches in diameter and it did wonders for me after a long day. My gluteus medius and piriformis still get tight since I hadn't been doing my exercises and they are still weak. I followed the instructions from the...
  4. SuziGirl

    THR Wonderful Recovery so far

    Hi Woodsy and welcome to BoneSmart! Congratulations on your surgery, sounds like things are going well so far. Which hip did you have done? Just curious, I had my left THR back on April 9 and my right one done back in 2008. Make sure you rest, rest, rest and keep eating well. I didn't and...
  5. SuziGirl

    THR New RTHR - 6th August

    Jamie is right, the gel packs are WONDERFUL, get a bunch of them to be well-stocked. You'll be able to raise your leg a bit higher each day, ohaya, just take it slow. To quote a friend, you have only one chance to heal correctly. Keep us posted, and congratulations on your new hip!
  6. SuziGirl

    New RTHR

    Petcal, sounds like you're a real trooper with a great sense of humor. Here's a bit of advice from a friend of mine when I was overdoing it at week 2 (I'm now 4 months post-op): you have only one chance to heal correctly. Taking care of yourself is the best gift you can give others, because if...
  7. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Hi folks! Just thought I'd give you a progress report. Tomorrow will be 4 months since my surgery and I'm doing pretty well! However I'm thinking that in spite of walking around 2 miles/day that my abductors and piriformis are still weak. I've been walking with a slight limp by evening at...
  8. SuziGirl

    THR Frustrated With Recovery Time

    Hi Ken, I too had been frustrated with my recovery and I'm currently just past the 3 month point with my 2nd THR. I've come to the conclusion that just like you shouldn't compare your kids you shouldn't compare your surgeries. That said I'm sure you've talked to many people who ask you "so...
  9. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Hi all, sorry I haven't replied but family swooped in the day after I posted. I did 'fess up to hubby in a roundabout way and I'm doing ok as long as I keep up with the cocktail for the pain. Jamie & Josephine, my hip is uncemented, in fact both are. Family left earlier today and we came home...
  10. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    I guess my main question is this: is it possible that I created a stress fracture in the femur or did something to the socket? The pain feels like bone pain vs muscle or tissue pain. I'm nervous but don't want to make unnecessary phone calls or appointments.
  11. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Thanks Eliza & Sandy, I'll do my best to rest. Problem is that I was doing all this major housework at thethe cottage in anticipation of Hubby's family coming to visit for a week. If I remember correctly though no one is arriving until tomorrow or Sunday afternoon. So perhaps I CAN rest a...
  12. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    I need to correct myself regarding the pain: it's there all the time when I'm unmedicated not just in the first few steps. Sorry about that!
  13. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Hey folks! Well the chronically tight glutes and priformis issue is resolved but now there is something new going on and I need some advice pronto. Keep in mind I'm now 11.5 weeks post-op. Two days ago (Wed. the 27th) I was cleaning and moved a sofa bed by myself. I know I should have gotten...
  14. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Thanks Jamie and Diane! Yes I'll keep posting. In fact I'll be submitting a new post shortly about my fear that I may have injured myself. Have a blessed weekend!
  15. SuziGirl

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Well after all that whining yesterday I think I may have "turned the corner". I took the dog for a walk after I posted, and didn't need to use my cane (I took it with me, just in case). I went the entire 1-mile loop, no limping either! Did the same thing this morning too! I'm wondering if my...
Back
Top Bottom