Recent content by Suzibelle

  1. Suzibelle

    TKR Suzibelle on the Road to Recovery

    Thanks, @sistersinhim ! Hard to see the forest for the trees when you're dealing with discomfort and limited mobility. It does happen eventually, though. ;)
  2. Suzibelle

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    The PTs have the best of intentions, and yet I felt AWFUL for the first year or so, because the numbers for my ROM were not where they wanted them to be. We tried all sorts of things (dry needling, massage....every trick in the book), and my leg wasn't straightening. I cried in the PT room a few...
  3. Suzibelle

    TKR Any 30 year olds with a TKR here?

    Wow. And at 43, I thought I was young. People kept asking, "Aren't you too young for this?" From what you've been through, it sounds like the TKR will eventually bring blessed relief. Hang in there. It's early days.
  4. Suzibelle

    TKR Suzibelle on the Road to Recovery

    2 years and 2 days shy of 3 months. That's how long it's been. I won't say it's been easy, because that is not the case. That said, I am grateful to have avoided infections. I have a reasonable ROM. The recovery took much longer than expected, and it was worsened by an aggravated lower back (the...
  5. Suzibelle

    TKR Suzibelle on the Road to Recovery

    This forum has been helpful at so many critical points in recovery. When my leg showed the first signs of getting straighter, I felt I had to come here first to share the news! :)
  6. Suzibelle

    TKR Suzibelle on the Road to Recovery

    I despaired at various points re: my own extension. I was in UK weather over xmas, and it felt like I had regressed! 10 months isn't everyone's common milestone, but it would appear to be one of mine. Thanks for the kind words!
  7. Suzibelle

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    How long before you were able to hike again?
  8. Suzibelle

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Yay for big milestones!!!!!!!! I'm not walking a 13 minute mile (yet), but I'm looking forward to the day I can hike for 12 miles or go scuba diving(optimistic for June!).
  9. Suzibelle

    TKR Suzibelle on the Road to Recovery

    Ten months and four days. That's how long it's been! I come to the forum today because FINALLY my leg is starting to straighten closer to 0 degrees. It's not there, but it's pretty damn close! I think what really helped was me starting a Pilates reformer class (with the spring-loaded...
  10. Suzibelle

    TKR Knees 1 AND 2 up and running

    You can only do what you're able to do. I tried doing light arm exercises from a chair quite early on. I wish I could have slept as well as you are at 4.5 weeks! My hip is really sore sometimes, but chances are your muscles are very tight, and you're likely rotating your leg out, no? That's my...
  11. Suzibelle

    TKR Knees 1 AND 2 up and running

    Good luck with surgery today, @sheliac. It's today, no?
  12. Suzibelle

    TKR Suzibelle on the Road to Recovery

    It's not so much that it's hard to accept because of my age. I think it's hard to accept because surgeons tell us that healthier people endure surgery better and typically have more successful outcomes. Couple that blanket statement regarding surgeries with the information given to me prior to...
  13. Suzibelle

    TKR Knees 1 AND 2 up and running

    I'm in awe of you doing them a few weeks apart, too! I don't know what it would take to convince me today to do the other leg. It's still too soon. :boohoo:
  14. Suzibelle

    TKR Suzibelle on the Road to Recovery

    Well, I guess age isn't necessarily a benefit in the recovery. :what:
  15. Suzibelle

    TKR Suzibelle on the Road to Recovery

    Thanks, @Celle! I know it takes longer. I just feel like it's taking too long. :( That said, bad habits are easy to form, and it's good to be reminded about walking heel-toe. There are glimpses of me walking normally. Last night it was looking good for a few moments. Naturally, the tighter the...
Back
Top Bottom