Recent content by Susie2023

  1. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Hello & Happy New Year to everyone! I had my "surgical" one year check up this past Wednesday. Mechanically, knee is good. When I bent my knee for the surgeon he said it looked like 120 and i told him i was hoping to get the bend to my bottom as before.Then looking at the xrays, he explained...
  2. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Hello everyone! I had my first lymphatic drainage session last week. My knee felt great for a few days, less swelling and pain. I did experience a flu-like response that only lasted a day. I thought that was interesting but the therapist explained sometimes certain toxins are released. I was...
  3. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Hi all! Coming up to 5 month post MUA (8/21/23). I have an appointment at the end of September for lymphatic drainage! So excited and hoping it will help release fluid. My knee is still very stiff, not as swollen as in the past which is great. But every morning is like the Ground Hog Day movie...
  4. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Hi all, Having some issues/concerns, hoping someone has insight to share. My LTKR was 12/27, MUA was 3/21/23, I finished PT May 1. I last saw my OS June 11th and see him again in December for year check up. So I'm about 3 months post MUA. I feel I did very well in PT, though never getting the...
  5. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    @Layla Thank you so much! I'm doing better these days. Still swelling and stiffness but expected. I've been experiencing some pain inside knee but I think it's due to stretching, gentle but working on ROM. My quad has gotten stronger now, doing steps and more walking. Doing ADL,'s, I'm not...
  6. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Hi everyone! I've been meaning to update sooner! I had a follow up with the PA on 5/1 thinking that would be my last appointment. She asked about all the nerve pain and sensitivity I experienced previously and was glad to hear it was better. I am still taking gabapentin. She asked me to bend my...
  7. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate you and this forum. At my last pt session, which was last Friday, I forgot to mention I was able to move the bike seat up one more notch! At 6 now and I was very comfortable with the reach. I cancelled my 2 pt appointments this week. My...
  8. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Three more pt sessions to go. Today was ok, building on quad strength, stepping, balance. Extension -2, flexion back to 110. But I'm ok with that because I've been doing a lot and my knee is letting me know. I walked my dog yesterday and that made me happy. I've realized this tkr has really...
  9. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Hi all! My knee is continuing to offer more ROM and more moments of normalcy! At pt yesterday, I was able to move the Recumbent Bike seat up yet another notch, to 7! What a nice surprise! When we moved to the table, my pt wanted to measure to see where I was. I have stayed committed to doing...
  10. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    My knee definitely wants to go slow!!! I'm comforted knowing mine isn't the only one though I'd never want this to happen to anyone else! Thank you for the encouragement!
  11. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    @sistersinhim I did not make it to church as planned. My knee was still upset with me and I was so uncomfortable. Hubs went to a later service, said it was very good. We have a new pastor now who I haven't met, but we'll both be going again when he gets back from OOT. So I went to pt Monday. I...
  12. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Happy Easter everyone! Update on my MUA follow up appointment. I went in very positive, feeling much better physically and mentally about my recovery. I told him I'm making great progress with pt and daily exercises. Sadly, I'm pretty sure I got a lecture instead. I was told it didn't take much...
  13. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Man, to be able to bend my knee and do full rotations now on my Recumbent is so joyous! After being so stuck, thinking I'd never regain motion and now can, is overwhelming and fills my heart with emotion! And, I just out of habit crossed my legs!!! Not for long, but I'm able to do it! I know...
  14. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    Pt was great today! Bike good, knee/leg mobilization great. Worked on balance, stepping up/down, standing on foam and tapping foot on block, loading bent leg on that flat bottom rubber dome then stepping back, Introduced some hamstring work - sitting on chair, walking forward using both feet...
  15. S

    MUA Susie2023's TKR Recovery

    @Layla I loved That Girl! I wish it would show here.
Back
Top Bottom