Recent content by susie1411

  1. susie1411

    THR 43, and post op blues

    Josephine, Jaycey, Audball, Poppet, beckylou, special lady, Giraffe44, zauberflöte, jellybean post op appointment went well. Had an xray of hips - all well. OS happy with hip movement etc. He has suggested I get compression stockings for swollen leg - got prescription from doc today for them...
  2. susie1411

    THR here I am :-)

    Poppet I agree I have no complaints about my care in hospital, but do feel a little abondoned since my discharge. As you say they do say to phone if you have questions but I would be on the phone all the time and I didnt like to bother them!!! Not sure what the answer is as regular...
  3. susie1411

    THR 43, and post op blues

    Josephine, @Jayceyce, Audball, Poppet, beckylou, special lady[/USER], Giraffe44, zauberflöte, jellybean - thanks for all the supportive messages. I have my six week check up tomorrow. I have a long lists of questions, do any of you have any advice as to what I should ask but might not think...
  4. susie1411

    THR here I am :-)

    jellybean how are you feeling now. They must be happy with your progress, but I know how frustrated you must feel. I have my six week appointment on Tuesday so hoping it is a bit more informative than yours has turned out to be. Did they suggest when you would be back to 'normal', any idea of...
  5. susie1411

    THR 43, and post op blues

    Cricket special lady[/USER] sounds like you have been through the mill! Feel a lot better since posting here and I am taking all advice offered! Pain actually isn't too bad - it's my lack of mobility that frustrates me - should have realised it would as I am always on the go!
  6. susie1411

    THR 43, and post op blues

    Thanks to Nannyannie, Poppet, Liveringer, zauberflöte, Elosarabrab, Audball, Nylsor, special lady[/USER] and Josephine for your replies and advice - thanks I will maybe be less hard on myself!! I am what we call in the north east of Scotland 'thran' just another word for stubbord...
  7. susie1411

    THR 43, and post op blues

    Special lady - interesting what you were saying about your osteotemy. I was suprised by how neat my THR scar is compare to the enormous one I have after the osteotemy. The fact that it is a bit more invasive may explain it. Has your THR after the oestotemy been a success - wasnt until post op...
  8. susie1411

    THR 43, and post op blues

    Hi Thank you all so much for your words of support and sharing your experiences. Zauberflote I have also had a couple of temper outbursts - think it is frustration on my part. Josephine - the answers to your questions are: 1. Medication - Co-dydramol 10/500 (2 pills 4 times a day) Xarelto...
  9. susie1411

    THR 43, and post op blues

    Hi Thanks for the replies - I also forgot to say that my op was classes as revisionary surgery as I had a chiari osteotomy on my right pelvis 20 years ago - and that the consultant had to do something creative with my old femur head to create a hip socket. Maybe I am being a bit impatient and...
  10. susie1411

    THR here I am :-)

    Hi Jellybean - yup looks like we are similar stage post op. Activity wise I am generally doing most things - can manage a walk around supermarket etc. I am able to do ironing (as I always do it siting down), and a bit of light cleaning - cant hoover though!! Pain wise not too bad, but today...
  11. susie1411

    THR 43, and post op blues

    Hi My name is Susan and on the 1st of May I had THR to my right hip due to congenital hip dysplasia. 1.5 years ago I was in a lot of pain and agreed with my consultant to have the hip replaced. At that time I was considerably overweight and I was not willing to undergo the surgery until I had...
  12. susie1411

    THR here I am :-)

    Hello I hope you don't mind me joining in on this post but it seems that we may be at the same point post operatively and I am really trying to work out if I am making appropriate progress. I am 43 and had thr on the 2nd of May. I am still using two crutches and think I should be making better...
Back
Top Bottom