Recent content by SurreyGirl

  1. SurreyGirl

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Merry Christmas Layla xx
  2. SurreyGirl

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Thanks! I can’t wait. Just cross with myself it took me up age 65 to visit Paris.
  3. SurreyGirl

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Hi everyone. Have a lovely Christmas. I’m still making progress and plan to improve my walking in 2026. I went to Paris for the first time last month and loved every minute but could not walk more than 15 mins without seizing up. Rather frustrating to say the least. So my resolution is both...
  4. SurreyGirl

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Very happy! Taken on the last night of my holiday.
  5. SurreyGirl

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    An Update! Thanks for all your kind support. I have just got back from a holiday in St Lucia and have great news. It has taken two years since my second hip operation and a lot of exercise and hard work which now includes Spinning! I no longer fear: Getting up and down high four poster bed...
  6. SurreyGirl

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Oh so sorry to hear about your troubles but glad that bathing and swimming is helping. If you haven’t seen the latest Wallace and Gromit film do watch it. I was crying with laughter. On Netflix from 3rd January and on the BBC. Take care and sending hugs. Xx
  7. SurreyGirl

    THR It's done (finally)!

    Sounds pretty normal…. My bruising got better once the aspirins were stopped :-)
  8. SurreyGirl

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Thanks so much for your comments Debra. They are much appreciated. I’m taking a little time over this and will make an appt with the GP. Back to classes last week and this week and coping fine. Daily walking is still tricky though - gravity does t help :-)
  9. SurreyGirl

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Indeed we are…. I still have some healing to do 1.4 months out but all good. The squiggle recovery map still very much in evidence! Have a lovely Christmas GG x
  10. SurreyGirl

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    I went to a bowling alley about 3 weeks ago and had a brilliant time. I was fully prepared to sit things out but found I didn’t need to . Years ago I used to be quite good at it so it was fun getting my eye in! I drove too so that my husband could have a beer so felt I behaved myself. It was a...
  11. SurreyGirl

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Thanks @Layla and @CricketHip - both! I cancelled all classes last week and rather nervously went back yesterday to aqua. Fortunately focussed on arms so it was fine. Today was Poolates and just one excercise involving scissoring legs on the side in the water proved impossible. Otherwise fine :)...
  12. SurreyGirl

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Lovely update and I am thrilled for you. Have a great. Christmas x
  13. SurreyGirl

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Last week I had a slight scary moment. I was walking to the club from the carpark and suddenly my right hip seized up and was very painful. After sitting down for an hour it was much better and I am thinking of resuming classes this week … I have no idea what caused it. May have been cramp but...
Back
Top Bottom