Recent content by supsurfer1974

  1. supsurfer1974

    THR Still limping after surgery'

    @ Mary Jayne I am at almost 8 weeks recovering from lateral THR and being a fit 40 year old thought I would recover very quickly. I'm still using a crutch and I too want to ditch mine in the ocean but from advice from Bone smart friends and physiotherapist you must keep the walking aid until...
  2. supsurfer1974

    THR I Have a New Hip! Surgery on 7/27/15

    @Steelergal I'm almost 8 weeks out and still using one crutch. I started physio at 6 weeks and he also massages the incision to desensitise the area. It does help and now I do it myself daily with some vitamin E cream. I never had a bad limp pre THR and now I have a bad limp, only if I don't...
  3. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    6 weeks post op with OS and he is happy to lift restrictions and he is happy with my X-rays. I don't need to see him for a year. I feel great!! I can put my sock on and tie up my shoe lace. I have a slight ache In my thigh, but feel so much better. I am still using one crutch though, as I have...
  4. supsurfer1974

    THR Sciatic nerve pain

    @KcSweet1975 welcome to the other side.. I'm 2 weeks post op and if you follow the BoneSmart Mantras you cannot go wrong.. Good luck with your recovery and don't over do it.. Take care Supsurfer1974 Lateral RTHR 2nd July 2015 Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    14 days post op and feeling good. Went to my first Post op appointment with surgeon and he said X-ray looks good and I'm healing well. He has me on the standard weight bearing restrictions and said I really shouldn't go back to work for at least 12 weeks.. I will see him again on the 12th August...
  6. supsurfer1974

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    @copsham just been reading your recovery thread.. Wow you poor thing you have been through a lot!! Here I am whinging about my little problems and was not aware what your going through.. Very best of luck for your op and I'm sure if you have any concerns and you lets us all know on here we can...
  7. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    @Tweefishy thank you for your reply. Your exactly right and should of thought the same. I will keep taking the oxy regularly just in case and definitely movicol to keep the pipes clean.. Makes a big difference in how you feel if your bowels are not working regularly...Wow never experienced that...
  8. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    One week today was when I had the surgery for Lateral, Right, Total Hip Replacement.. Made it home yesterday and to tell you the truth it was a bit daunting. I got over it with a little cry again!!! All is going well with the new hip.. Just doing light walks every 2 hours around the house. I...
  9. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    Thank you everybody for your advice and all your responses it been great support for me knowing everyone's experiences that they has been through the same things. Time to go home today..have not had any emotional outbreaks and feeling good emotionally and physically. Walking ok on crutches...
  10. supsurfer1974

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Wow that sounds great.. I had mine done on the 2nd July had the lateral approach and its day 5 for me lucky you.. Maybe because it's I'm a male and like my wife keeps telling me females having a stronger pain threshold ? ****! Did i just say that out loudthose bloody oxycoden drugs are strong ...
  11. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    Day 5 : did not sleep the best I kept sweating a lot and put it down to the drugs. I must get the nurse to write down the drugs that they are giving me, because at the moment I am not remembering allot. The pain has been around 1 or 2 and had done 2 x 15 metre walks and the physio exercises and...
  12. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    Thank you @copsham Wow can certainly relate to that.. What a lovely post by the other hippie. Luckily I had no emotional outbreaks today and think it's behind me now I'm glad it made you laugh and that you can relate to it..so far so good for today..Got on the crutches again, only made it to the...
  13. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    day 4.. Had a reasonable night sleep pain factor was 2. Had PT teach me to get out of bed by myself and the Zimmerman frame is to small for me so I'm on the crutches. Had a shower standing not sitting and after that had to rush back to bed as nearly fainted.. The hot shower lowered the blood...
  14. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    @Kay9 many thanks for your kind and encouraging words. Wow you have certainly been through a lot. very glad to hear that your now doing the happy dance only after three weeks and walking down to a lovely English pub. Do you feel confident with your hip? You must of been devastated when you...
  15. supsurfer1974

    THR 40 years old recovery

    @copsham thank you for your advice and it makes me feel better that I'm not the only person who went through this. Just got up for a 2 metre walk in the room and feels so good to be out of the bed. Did not get as dizzy this time around which was good. I came in on Thursday morning and hoping to...
Back
Top Bottom