Recent content by SuperSnapper

  1. SuperSnapper

    OATS -MACI The future after OATS

    I did not have OATs but did have micro fractures on both knees many years ago. My left knee lasted a long time about 14 years but my right knee is still going after over 16 years. I was in my late 40s when I had the first done. I was told 5-7 years before I would need a TKR. I still only needed...
  2. SuperSnapper

    PKR Unicompartmental knee replacement<

    That’s a great report! You’re doing really well. I forget I even have a knee replacement now and you will too soon.
  3. SuperSnapper

    TKR Update one year post TKR second opinion..

    Mine used to buckle in the first weeks but as everything healed and got stronger it stopped. I believe it’s pretty normal. I used my cane until I felt totally confident. It’s also great for going out as people give you more room if you have a cane. You sound ike you’re doing pretty well.
  4. SuperSnapper

    MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

    Your leg doesn’t have to be dead straight - it’ll be more comfy with a slight bend. At 3 weeks out I woke up to find myself sleeping on my stomach! Didn’t seem to hurt anything. Also the heat thing can go on for a while, it will begin to cool. At times it felt like I could fry an egg on mine...
  5. SuperSnapper

    Do I need a cryo cuff for my PKR

    I had a Cryo Cuff but actually preferred ice packs. They got colder.
  6. SuperSnapper

    June 11

    I was awake for a small part of my surgery - very light sedation only and a spinal but I was very relaxed and it was fine but it was a bit noisy but not at all distressing.
  7. SuperSnapper

    TKR Clicking

    Sounds like a plan. Just go very slowly :wave:
  8. SuperSnapper

    TKR Clicking

    I went to the gym where my physio worked. She took me through exercises and machines which would help my knee. I think that was at about 3 months after surgery. It was very good for a few months and did help to build up flexibility and strength but I took it very slowly but do find gyms a bit...
  9. SuperSnapper

    PKR 8 Weeks Post Op with a Medial PKR

    Fellow medial PKR here. I think you need to slow down a lot. Swelling is usually a response to doing too much. You’d probably benefit from a longish spell of rest, ice and elevation. All that PT on an inflamed knee will make it swell more and then it’s a vicious cycle. At 8 weeks you are still...
  10. SuperSnapper

    PKR Unicompartmental knee replacement<

    Yes, mine was diagnosed via an ultrasound. It was very painful on movement. I wasn’t promised that the injection would fix it and was ready for repeat treatment but I didn’t need it. I hope you can get treatment for this too.
  11. SuperSnapper

    PKR Unicompartmental knee replacement<

    I has Pes Anserine Bursitis - one steroid injection sorted it completely and it’s never returned,
  12. SuperSnapper

    PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

    I remember the leg moving about. At times mine felt as if the knee just wanted to move - even when I was asleep! I’d just wake up flexing it over and over again! It wasn’t spasms as much as involuntary movements, I just called it unconscious exercise!
  13. SuperSnapper

    PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

    I’ve still got a numb patch after over 3 years. It’s not a problem, doesn’t bother me, feels a bit odd still if my knee brushes up against something but it’s not something I worry about. A lot of people seem to have disappearing numb patches but maybe I’m stuck with mine.
  14. SuperSnapper

    TKR Cece’s new knee

    Great to hear that you’ve recovered so well
  15. SuperSnapper

    PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

    I have a three and a half year old partial medial. It’s great. But I took recovery fairly slowly and gave my knee time to heal before I asked it to do too much. Now it can do most things. I walk a lot and can run on it if I want. I enjoy swimming and that’s been great. I am so glad it was done...
Back
Top Bottom