Recent content by sunny-island

  1. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Thank you for the link. Good to know! Yes, I try to eat something or drink some milk when taking meds. I love milk, so it's no hardship.
  2. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    I haven't updated my progress since 12/31! So, I'm off IV antibiotics and on oral instead. It seems that nausea follows me no matter which antibiotic I'm on. First oral one was Bactrim, now I'm on Minocycline. Nausea still. How in the world will I be able to tolerate this drug for life...
  3. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Not a stupid question. No one is sure how this happened. In case you're wondering I've taken the prescribed antibiotic before and after dental visits all along (might have missed one several years ago before it became a routine to me).
  4. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    A chocolate shake! Humm, I like that idea but somehow I'm not so sure... Glad to hear you didn't have trouble with Vanco. Hoping I'll have the same experience. My present side effects could be from the Oxacycilln exiting my system while the Vanco is entering. Or it could be something else.
  5. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Had a big set back. Started having much worse nausea, a horrible headache, and dizziness. My Infectious Disease doctor prescribed Zofran. It seemed to nausea worse or maybe it just didn't work. Regardless, nausea continued. My ID had already put me on Potassium to be taken through January...
  6. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Thanks ya'll! Happy holidays!!
  7. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    @PegGar16. I've been reading about probiotics. There seem to be pros and cons. You said you're a big fan of taking them while on antibiotics. I've been nauseous every day, maybe probiotics will help but I'm hesitant to add anything new to the mix. Yesterday my Infectious Disease doc...
  8. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    I so appreciate the support here. Your comments are common sense and reasonable. I think I just needed reassurance. She and I spoke last night. She's very understanding. She will not be coming here for Christmas. We will do a Facetime talk today and again on Christmas - this year that will...
  9. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Thank you for your quick reply. I'll be talking with her this afternoon and wasn't sure how to handle this. We only learned today about the funeral she's attending - it made me start to worry. My husband agrees with you 100%.
  10. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Help! Not sure what to do. My adult daughter wants to be here for Christmas. We want to see her. But, today she's at a funeral (not covid), and last week she had six guests over for dinner. She's in a large company, they've been careful she says. She works from home some days but from her...
  11. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Oh gosh, that sounds awful. How's she doing now?
  12. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    I've been eating a little plain greek yogurt every day but haven't taken any probiotics. Are probiotics better than yogurt?
  13. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    I drink milk when I take meds (except in the middle of the night - too far to walk). Afternoon naps seem like a good idea but then I'm awake half the night. It's hard not to nap in the daytime though - I get so bone-weary tired. Protein is important, I agree with you. The constant infusion...
  14. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Like you, Peggy, my infectious disease doctor is handling the antibiotics and weekly blood tests. I'm on Oxacillin for these first six weeks. The only side effects I'm experiencing are feelings of nausea, lack of appetite, and weariness. Could be partly due to Oxycodone, of course.
  15. sunny-island

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Thank you PegGar. What you have described is my worst fear. My knee is healing but what's happening with the infection? Will it come back? I can't help but be fearful. I see my surgeon Tuesday. He'll remove the staples, and he'll be pleased with my apparent progress. I'll ask him...
Back
Top Bottom