Recent content by Sunbeam10

  1. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    At last I have seen my consultant! Due to my history I have had blood taken for C-reactive protein and erythrocyte sedimentation rate to exclude any infection, the consultant is confident that this is not the cause of my pain. I am also to have a CT scan. It is thought that I need more surgery...
  2. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    Currently waiting to see consultant in regards to the implant itself and it is my general practitioner who is suggesting CRPS. My journey to this point started with a menisectomy and trimming of fat pads and was then followed less than a week later by an emergency arthroscopic washout and then...
  3. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice. I am now 10 months post total knee replacement and am still experiencing a lot of pain in and around the joint. My GP is wondering if I have developed a condition called complex regional pain syndrome due to the number of operations I have had...
  4. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    First formal physiotherapy appointment two days ago. To say the physio was impressed is probably an understatement (I have known him for a year now), flexion was at about 102, physio was expecting about 90, so he asked what I had been doing, I told him that rest, elevation and ice was all I...
  5. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    Brain fog and energy drain this morning and now in tears with the blues - just in need of a little TLC!! Arthroscopy, partial menisectomy - June 2015 Arthroscopic washouts x3 - July 2015 Arthroscopic washout and synovectomy -July 2015 Right total knee replacement - July 2016 Sent from my iPad...
  6. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    Well, I have now managed the first week of recovery. Talk about being on a roller - coaster ride but with this you also have a blindfold on as you can not see where the next highs and lows are, they just hit you . I suppose my greatest high was having a shower for the first time - that really...
  7. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    Having had a goodish night Monday night a a good day yesterday, today I feel 'off'. I can not really explain exactly what may be out of kilter but I don't really feel right. I am resting, elevating, iceing and taking my pain meds regularly, I just wonder if I over did it a bit yesterday. Any...
  8. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    Feeling slightly brighter today, thanks in part to my great partner searching his travel bags and bringing me in some ear plugs! A different physio did the ward round this morning and surprise, surprise she was supportive of the idea of rest when wanted etc and would not do anything to me that...
  9. Sunbeam10

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    It s now 6.45pm and I have been back from theatre for a couple of hours. Full feeling has just about returned to both legs and I can wriggle all my toes, so far so good. Have been told that I am to have so slow release morphine at 8 pm and another dose tomorrow morning, if I require any other...
  10. Sunbeam10

    ...2 days to go and anxiety setting in

    Hi @Diane LTKR, @MarciHeff and @Lovestoread, thank you all for giving me the reassurance that the anxiety is all part of the process and that all will be ok. I am certainly trying to remain positive and thinking of the things that have been put on the back burner that I will be able to do once...
  11. Sunbeam10

    ...2 days to go and anxiety setting in

    With just 2 days to go before my knee replacement on Friday, and anxiety setting in, I attended my local hospital for a Total Knee Replacement Physiotherapy Education class. The nurse specialist said that the idea of the class was to reassure us, the patients, and to inform our relatives or...
  12. Sunbeam10

    help and advice needed please

    Hi, I can empathise your husband and understand why you are so worried but can not offer any advice except to say that I had 4 washouts, 7 days after knee surgery, and it was not until I had a synovectomy (at time of 3rd washout) and antibiotics that my infection markers really started to drop...
  13. Sunbeam10

    2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Surgery scheduled for July 1st - right knee
  14. Sunbeam10

    July knee replacement

    Thank you for the welcome! It would be really helpful if anyone can suggest any info that my partner could look through that is neither too medical or too detailed (he doesn't 'do' hospitals, surgery etc particularly well) so that he has some idea how to be the most supportive and what he can...
  15. Sunbeam10

    July knee replacement

    Hi, I am having a right TKR on July 1st.
Back
Top Bottom