Recent content by Sulliy

  1. Sulliy

    THR Total Hip on Nov 4

    Puppyluvr Welcome, so sorry to read about your job. Hopefully you will have your hip replacement done in time - fingers crossed. I can see you’ve had great advice already. My friend advised me to get a recliner chair, ice packs and omg they saved my life... and bigger pants because of the...
  2. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Hi everyone it’s Sulliy here well it’s nearly 2 years since I’ve had my hip replacement done ,it was totally worth having done it took nearly 12 months to feel normal again I hope all my hippie friends are all doing well too !
  3. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Thank you Layla and Elf1 for your ongoing support that’s a Relief to read ok so I need to concentrate on small steps and heel toe the main thing is I’m out of pain not taken one pain killer for months , I’ve got to say I’m knee hurts abit on my other leg but not to the point my hip did , I...
  4. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Hi everyone I hope everyone is well and staying safe is it normal for me to still limp a bit I’m 18 weeks 41/2 months it’s not a bad limp but I do slightly I’m not in pain but I do feel restricted in my movement I’ve tried heel toe my son says that when I think about it I limp and that I don’t...
  5. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Hi there Layla thanks for your message , well I’m over 14 weeks and Apart from how scary the coronavirus is I’m doing Amazingly, even on lockdown I’m doing things at home I don’t normally get chance to do plus over the last couple of years I couldn’t have done down to how much pain I was in ...
  6. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Hi everyone a quick update , I’m 12 weeks tomorrow and feel brilliant, I’m abit stuff in the mornings first thing but soon loosen off , I’m walking my dogs and doing the pony but still social distancing myself with The coronavirus , my son says I’ve got my Mojo back I’m motivated and best of all...
  7. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Thank you once again all, I really appreciate your lovely kind words , I agree ,with the combination of healing , grief, life changing career aspect the winter blues and lack of sleep is affecting me somewhat ..... it’s nice to read it will hopefully pass in time I’m so glad I have bonesmart...
  8. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Thank you Layla so it’s 9 weeks everyone says. I’m looking better and not limping so much , still really on my physio, I seem to be coping with work well , sleep can be alittle hit and miss but I’m thinking it is probably more than my hip ,I lost my horse in October he was a massive part of my...
  9. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Phew well that’s a Relief to read thanks again for your advice I don’t know what I would have done without this forum I will carry on and listen to my body and not be afraid to say it’s to much k
  10. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Thank you for your lovely message I really appreciate your advice
  11. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Hello hippie friends , I went to see my surgeon on Thursday , he is really pleased with me he said I can lie on my side he also said my limp will go in time as I get stronger I have to say I limp because my muscles are so tight it Restricts my movement is this the case for anyone else and can I...
  12. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Thank you Layla that’s put my mind at rest I feel better after I’ve iced but when someone said it slows healing down it makes you stop and think no I don’t want that to happen it’s a long recovery as it is without prolonging it but that’s great to know I will use it again now hope everyone is...
  13. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Thank you that’s my thoughts too I always feel better after icing but do feel really stiff once I’ve sat a while so just wanted to check I have found massaging the area a great help too , it feels a different tender now like it’s healing from inside and just mainly round the surgical area is...
  14. Sulliy

    THR Sulliy in Recovery

    Hi there so my mother read that icing slows the healing down , could this be if you leave it on after a certain time it brings oxygen to the blood and stops the healing process, or is it a certain time after surgery? So I don’t know if to use it or not k
  15. Sulliy

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    Hi Connie welcome to the other side , you seem to be doing well , hopefully you can stay ahead of the pain ,icing is really good for the swelling , take it easy and keep moving on a regular basic , sleeping on your back Can be hard it’s all worth it no more pain...... hope you have someone to...
Back
Top Bottom