Recent content by Sugar

  1. Sugar

    I made it! 2nd Hip Done!

    Nap machine I think I can do, I'll give it my best! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  2. Sugar

    I made it! 2nd Hip Done!

    Thanks so much for the reminder for managing pain med's because that is exactly what I have not been doing. I just have a hard time with getting so tired when I take them that I try to only use what I barely need and that's just not working for me now. I'll re-read the reminders and be more...
  3. Sugar

    I made it! 2nd Hip Done!

    I had my surgery on Wednesday and came home on Thursday night which I asked to do since I felt everything was going well and I really can't rest well in the hospital with everyone checking your vitals every few hours. I'm trying to get up and walk with my walker now but honestly I can't really...
  4. Sugar

    I made it! 2nd Hip Done!

    I had my 2nd hip done on June 1st after having the left one done exactly year ago. So far this one has been easier than the first, I'm not sure if it's because I'm experienced in recovery or because I have a good left hip to help me get up and moving easier. I went into the hospital on June...
  5. Sugar

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I was scheduled for May 25th but my surgery has been re-scheduled for June 1st so I'm moving to the June group! I'm 10 days away from surgery and it's starting to get hard. It's just so much to think about, maybe I just should stop thinking? I had a TLHR last June so this is my second time...
  6. Sugar

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Moving from post op to pre-op. I had the left hip done June 1, 2015 and I'm scheduled for the RTHR on May 25. Looking forward to living without this daily pain.
  7. Sugar

    How to decide it's time for a THR?

    I had LTHR last June and will need to do the right side too. When I had my THR my doctors told me both hips were the same and I could choose which one I wanted to do first. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible but the pain is getting worse. How did you decide that it was time for...
  8. Sugar

    THR I now have a matching set!

    Best wishes on your recovery! I'm 3weeks post op for a LTHR and I have also been told that I will need to have the right one done "some time in the future". Glad to hear that the surgery went well and your recovery in the hospital seemed really good. Walking with a cane so soon. I've had my...
  9. Sugar

    THR Newbie here- questions on post op THR

    Thanks so much for all the great advice and support here. I am so grateful to have found this forum with such a wealth of information. I've read the information of pain medication but I'm wondering if steroids are commonly used for inflammation following THR? I really don't like the side...
  10. Sugar

    THR Newbie here- questions on post op THR

    I never thought about my old shoes but you're probably right Sharonslp. I'll try to take slow and I'll definitely be looking for new shoes, thanks.
  11. Sugar

    THR Newbie here- questions on post op THR

    Thanks for the advice. I know walking is good but I'm really not sure how often or how long I should aim for? I have a tendency to overdo, it's just so hard to not be moving for me. I've done a 20 min. Walk a few times now but not sure if that is OK. I've always been very active but I...
  12. Sugar

    THR Newbie here- questions on post op THR

    I just found this forum and I am so grateful to hear everyone's take on recovery from THR. I am 2 weeks post op today from an anterior THR. My hubby's back to work and my dr. doesn't believe in physical therapy for HR so I feel like I'm on my own here. Can anyone let me know when I can get...
Back
Top Bottom