Recent content by substrate

  1. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    My recovery has been great, I can't be happier with my TKR. I am curious about something though. I understand that weight bearing past 130 degrees or so is not recommended because the weight will be born at a point past where the plastic is, so butt to calf squats with weights are a thing of the...
  2. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    14 weeks! My knee more or less feels like ‘my knee’, still a bit tight when it’s been still but I’m near 130 degrees of flexion. I’ve been cleared for everything, and keep in touch with my PT.
  3. S

    TKR TKR 2 Years Out

    I was cleared for driving after one week, but I’ve had a very fortunate recovery (right TKR on 4/29/2022). Like you I was athletic right up to surgery, and the muscle mass made the procedure more difficult for the surgeon. I also have a ridiculous pain threshold, so I never had to take narcotic...
  4. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    How did the magnesium work for you?
  5. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    Week 7 update: Quinine seems to have conquered my night time muscle spams. I'm at 121 degrees assisted flexion, 116 without. My physiotherapist said that ordinarily she'd advise stopping physiotherapy at this point, but if I'd like, I could continue since I expect to push myself much further...
  6. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    Layla! Thank you, I will try it. I am not against medications, but am just as happy to avoid them.
  7. S

    TKR Unexpected Aftermath

    I understand the feeling of isolation, my girlfriend broke up with me (5 year relationship) shortly before my surgery, so I'm alone in a big house. Hang in there, it's sometimes tough, a lot of people here are pulling for you, and have great advice.
  8. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    Today is the 6 week birthday for my new knee. I went for my 6th week visit with the surgeon yesterday and everything went well. I'm at 119 degrees flexion. I have been having problems with annoying spasms. The day is fine for me, but often, just as a I drift from conscious to unconscious it will...
  9. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    You have it right, it's a violent surgery, and everyone heals at their own rate. I can only speak to my own experience, but sitting for any period of time really exacerbates the tightness in my leg. I can walk 3 miles (I'm 3 weeks and change post op) at just over 20 minutes/mile but if I sit and...
  10. S

    MUA Coming up for 12 months and still not so great. Anybody else?

    I hope you’re recovering from your MUA well MarkR.
  11. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    Today is my 3 week anniversary of my TKR. I’m still making good progress, physiotherapy had added body weight squats, mini-lunges on the stairs, and the balance board. My body reduced the swelling dramatically on my surgical leg. I had one problem area… it turned out my compression sleeve kept...
  12. S

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    3 weeks post total knee replacement.
  13. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    I'm not taking any pain medication prior to physio, my pain tolerance is just very different than most people. I take my scheduled acetaminophen, and scheduled low dose aspirin, but never had to take anything stronger. My general pain level right now is less than 1 (an annoying ache in my...
  14. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    @WFD, thank you! Yeah, I’m not going to add any weight, I’m keeping my team closely in the loop because I have been so pain free. I am concerned about doing damage by accidentally doing something that ought to have hurt a lot! The Total Gym overextension was at physio, my therapist didn’t let me...
  15. S

    TKR Right total knee replacement 4/29/2022

    I've had my first post-surgical visit with my doctor. We are both really happy with my progress at day 13 post op. My flexion is at 116 degrees, my pain level is usually near zero. All bruising is gone, and my swelling is down considerably from it's post-surgical level. The bike has been added...
Back
Top Bottom