Recent content by StvsHope

  1. StvsHope

    TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

    @SpaceGirl I haven’t been on in a while, but once I remembered I wondered how you were doing! Sounds like you’ve had a somewhat adventurous beginning! In spite of the frustrations isn’t it great to know that you are on this side of the second knee replacement??? I did have the long time sleepy...
  2. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    Here I am! Thanks for checking. It is so good to hear that you are slowly able to resume normal life! Doesn’t it feel good to get out and do regular things for a bit? I was just in the tub tonight and had to sit there and think about the best way to get up! But I made it. I just smile every time...
  3. StvsHope

    TKR 10 days ago

    Hi @Jannie1965 , Reading your post and I feel for you! I had my first knee replaced in early February and my second knee replaced in late May just days before your surgery. In the early days after my first knee I also couldn’t imagine walking normally again! And in that early recovery time I...
  4. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    @SpaceGirl, Thanks for taking the time to comment! I saw you on someone else’s thread and noticed right away that you also work in education. Your surgery is getting close! How are you feeling about it? It’s crazy that the whole Covid thing made this a more advantageous time to do my second...
  5. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    @sistersinhim, Good advice, I think. The last few days I have been super tired so I took a surprising number of naps and occasionally wandered around the house. And yet I can tell my knee has actually gained some strength and a little ROM. It’s the little things that tell you it is actually...
  6. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    Hey @Honey007, I’ve survived 2 1/2 weeks post surgery and am scheduled to get my dressing off and staples out tomorrow. I. Can’t. Wait. I can tell things are starting to heal because I have less discomfort each day and haven’t truly needed to take the strong meds for almost a week now. I even...
  7. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    So with regard to physical therapy. You know how they initially have you doing ankle pumps, and quad squeezes and glute squeezes just to keep those muscles moving blood? Does anyone have advice about trying to make a sleepy quad muscle move? Whenever I try to do a heel lift or lift my leg...
  8. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    Hi, Honey007, I hope you are are continuing to do well. We do seem to be on about the same track right now. Sorry I haven’t replied sooner. I have been waiting for my attitude to improve so I can say something positive. Like anyone recovering from this surgery I have all sorts of relatively...
  9. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    I’m now 5 days past surgery and my pain has markedly decreased. And the bruising, though relatively extensive is starting to resolve. Not that things aren’t still uncomfortable, (and walking is a bit unsteady—yay for my walker!) but at least I’m not watching the clock for when I can take the...
  10. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    Yes, thank you for the help, Celle. Feb 5, 2020-left tkr, and May 29, 2020-right tkr.
  11. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    Oh! Thanks, Pumpkin. Just learned something new. (This is the first time I’ve had the guidelines published for me in my own thread.) I’ve been using a big straight triangle wedge to elevate and it has been hurting so much. I need to rethink that....
  12. StvsHope

    TKR New date, October 16, 2020

    Well by the time I got in to see a surgeon they found I had both knees with severe osteoarthritis. And I’m ready to walk through the school halls without counting every painful step. So my personal goal was to get them both done and go back with this behind me in the fall. But four surgeries in...
  13. StvsHope

    TKR Christina’s recovery

    Hello everyone! This is my second total knee replacement. The other one was in early February right before Covid hit. I was supposed to go back to school (I’m a high school paraeducator) after spring break, but of course that never happened. And now I was able to get my second knee done a few...
  14. StvsHope

    TKR New date, October 16, 2020

    My second knee replacement was just scheduled for next Friday. My first was in early February right before Covid. Here in WI hospitals haven’t come close to being overwhelmed and elective surgeries are starting up slowly. The only differences that I have been informed of are 1) wearing a mask to...
  15. StvsHope

    2020 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    I am having a tkr on May 29. This is my second. The first was on Feb 5. Could you add me to this group? Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom