Recent content by steverup

  1. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Hello all! Well its been 1 1/2 years since my second TKR with a few complications. Over all i’m getting around and can finally say I’m glad i did it. Thanks to @Jamie for probably saving my life by insisting that i get a wound specialist ASAP! Im known to be hard headed and usually don’t take...
  2. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Saw the surgeon today and he said it looks great. One more visit to the wound specialist this week and I believe I’ll be back on a straight line to recovery! I’m going to start with just walking and bends to see how much ROM I can get back. No pushing it. I’ve got the rest of my life. Thanks to...
  3. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    All looked good this visit. Another appointment in 2 weeks but it sure looks like it’s closing up. Again, thank you all for the prayers and guidance! I need to contact the surgeon to see about starting some kind of rehab program. I know I’ve lost a lot of ROM.
  4. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    I go back today and will report with new photos after this appointment. I’m sure hoping to be able to start working on ROM again. I want enjoy some of this beautiful weather before Seattle curses us with rain again.
  5. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Yes ma-am! I do daily!
  6. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Thank y’all! I’m feeling a lot better now that I’m not packing it anymore. Starting to see a light at the end of this tunnel! :fingersx:
  7. steverup

    TKR Tennisboii's Recovery Thread

    Hang in there buddy! This too will pass. Rest - ice - elevate! And listen to these moderators, they’ve seen it all! Praying for relief! :beg:
  8. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    yeah it’s not as deep but the tunnel was the problem, seems the top became very thin and actually today it caved in. (He said it might). Now it looks like another hole but it’s just the top of the tunnel. The original hole is just a pinhole now.
  9. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    They took another culture and should know in a few days. But he said it looks good. Could have been a reaction to the adhesive on the new bandaids I got! He cleaned it out good and we’re using a vaseline type bandage. The best news is I don’t have to pack it anymore. If the culture comes back...
  10. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Well things can sure change in 24 hrs. Yesterday was going along just fine, changed my packing and nothing new. Last night it was burning a little bit. Today when I changed the packing this is what it looks like now! I called the wound specialist and sent this picture he said if it gets any...
  11. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Yes.. we uncovered the convertible and took a nice long drive along the ocean yesterday. It was so comforting and a blessing since the old bmw hasn’t even been started in couple of months, she started right up and purred like a kitten. It was a beautiful day!
  12. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Good morning sore kneed friends! I’m sorry I dropped off the site for a bit but thought it would be a good time to give an update. The hole (not the one in my head) had started filling up with pus so (with advice from @Jamie) I called my surgeon and got right in to see a wound infection...
  13. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Thanks all for the encouragement.. Visited with the doc again, this is really gross! I have to soak a bandage in some kind of iodine (will pickup at pharmacy today) and let it lay and soak into the wound. Then I have to take a little sterile stick and poke a medicated bandage into it twice a...
  14. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    I went to the doc Friday and had the stitches out.. the knee is feeling so good and looking great. He said I could lose the brace and just be carful bending slowly. Sunday it started bleeding again and my lower leg, ankle, foot started swelling up.. I got it up and iced last night and the...
  15. steverup

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Back to ice... elevate.... rest.... ice ... elevate... rest... ZZZzzz :elevate::alarm::sleep:
Back
Top Bottom