3-Year Update - Still Improving...
It was fun to look back at last year's post. Amazing that it has been three years. I would say that I have indeed hit 95% recovery, and now for the most part am limited by fitness and skill rather than my knee.
I am now occasionally able to blow by speedy 9th...
2-Year Update - Still Doing Great and Still Improving!
I am now to the point that I rarely have any pain or stiffness. Most days I am as blissfully unaware of my left knee as my right, and it feels natural during all typical daily activities.
I am still making progress in sports, but I have...
@mendogal, thanks for the input. Agreed! The Google consensus seems to be about 1.6 grams of protein per KG for seniors that exercise and are trying to build muscle. For me at 135 pounds that means 100 grams a day - probably three times what I was getting. We'll see how it goes. Keep up the...
Greetings again,
At 16 months I am still making steady progress towards doing 100% of what I would like to, which includes team sports at a recreational but competitive level. I still don't have my speed back, but straight-line running is starting to feel more natural. Oddly I have been good...
@LittleBit, Hang in there!
You are right about when I remember my progress slowing and getting very frustrated, but in hindsight, there really does seem to be something to just being patient and letting the body heal.
Another thing that I forgot to mention is that my flexion and extension...
11-Month update - Sorry I haven't posted for so long! I will try to recap and update as best I can remember:
Surgery and first few days were WAY better than most reported - no narcotics - pain similar to pre-surgery
Got near flexion and extension targets quickly, then plateaued
Could bike to...
Hi @wilsonma, and thanks for your post. Congratulations on being to go right back to sports. This is very encouraging! I continue to do well, but I'm not quite on your schedule. I saw my surgeon after 4 months and he was really encouraged. He said that my knee was "really jacked up" as a...
Hi Debbie, I had a TKR about 5 months ago, and although I realize that I am an extreme outlier, I thought I would share my experience so you get a range of feedback for a better-informed decision. I was lucky to experience very little pain after surgery. Perhaps due to existing nerve damage to...
I have been very lucky so far, experiencing minimal pain with no narcotics and recovering daily activity quite rapidly. I was even able to commute to work on my bike today, 3-weeks to the day after my surgery.
My surgeon and PT are of the BoneSmart "We don't have to hurt you to heal you"...
Was around the forum a year or so ago, and decided that I was ready for a TKR. It took almost a year to get the procedure authorized, find a surgeon, and finally wait for availability. I first saw my surgeon's PA in July and the rest has been waiting to get scheduled. The best surgeons in my...
Thanks @Shortstuff26. Ryan does appear to be making very good progress and is clearly working very hard at it! I will be very interested in following his progress. Have you had your TKR yet?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.